New Droid User. 2 New and 2 Refurb

redred218

Reaction score
Hello,

Got my new Razr the end of Dec. 1st issue -- Motorola support said there was a software problem that prevented my setting up a hotspot, so they had nother new one..

Rec'd my 2nd new Razr the 1st week of January. Started rebooting itself early in March non-specific actions (texting, email, playing). Livable though tedious.
Mid March it decided not to turn on. Took it to a local store -- they tried their tricks without success, and contacted Tech Support. Tech support was in the process of setting me up with a Refurb, when the store person dropped it (Razr) on the counter and it came on. Well since it came on -- they canceled my refurb.

1 week (well 5 days) later it happened again -- and I called Tech Support. They could not help but did finally order a refurb.

1st week of April, phone got sluggish, locking up and finally, would not shut off -- I called Tech Support and and a few steps later -- it did shut off (using Pwr and Volume buttoms pressed and held). But, it would not turn on again....until I set it on my desk -- kind of like the store person did, but from a shorter distance).

They sent the 2nd refurb..... and 4/10 I rec'd my 3rd refurb. Will get it up tonight.

Anyone else had any of these issues? It is a great phone (the battery is an issue, but I keep chargers everywhere) -- is capable of doing all that I need it to do at this point -- WHEN IT WORKS.

Thank you for your ideas.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Sorry to hear you have had so many issues. As far as whether or not they are normal for the Razr I am not sure, having not had one I can't speak on it. I would suggest heading over to the Razr section and poking around a bit, possibly post some questions there is necessary.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!

As JSM said, definitely sorry to hear of your repeated issues...I have a Razr and a Maxx - both received on their respective release dates and no issues - so definitely stay on top of it as you have since you paid for a working device.

Good luck!

OP
R

redred218

Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestion.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Sorry to hear you have had so many issues. As far as whether or not they are normal for the Razr I am not sure, having not had one I can't speak on it. I would suggest heading over to the Razr section and poking around a bit, possibly post some questions there is necessary.

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Hope the problems are over. DancingNexus