droid replacement questions

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Jam2it30@gmail.com, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Jam2it30@gmail.com

Ratings:
    +0
    I have some questions about the manufactor warrenty. I did not get extended warrenty. Just bought the phone and took the one year warrenty that I think it came with. I have a quarky slider/loose screen/and messed up headphone Jack I hear a bunch of static whenever my phone moves around in my pocket (main reason why I want a refurb). Are these good enough reasons to get a refurb phone? And if it is what do I have to do? Go into the verizon store and show them or call customer support? And also if I get a refurb are these problems likely going to be worse with a refurb?

Thanks guys

#1 Jam2it30@gmail.com, Jun 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  2. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,310
    are you wanting to get a new android device or you just want to do an exchange. Because the refurb may be a good refurb. And I believe after 3 bad refurbs you can get a diff device, but that would be unethical to use that to get a d2 or dx IMO.

3. Jam2it30@gmail.com

Ratings:
    +0
    No I love the droid and I want to stay with it as long as the phone corporates (no quirky slider or messed up headphone jack or a loose screen)

4. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,310
    yeah expect to get a refurb. My apologies thought you was asking away to get a new device the "slick" way. But if after so many bad refurbs I believe they have to give you a new one, but do not quote me on that

5. Jam2it30@gmail.com

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah I was just am wondering the steps involved to get a refurb and also if my problems are big enough to get one.

#5 Jam2it30@gmail.com, Jun 23, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  6. eliassami5

eliassami5 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    there is nothing wrong with a referb, they are just as good as a brand new phone out of the factory. Verizon doesn't even call them referb's anymore, they call them certified like new.

7. Jam2it30@gmail.com

Ratings:
    +0
    So what are the steps involved do I have to bring my droid into the store or do I call them

8. hashsi99

hashsi99 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    you can just call them.

I ordered a refurb, received it, and I rejected it. It had chips in the bezel. So I called and told (verizon) I was sending it back. The lady said she'd send out another one. This time, however, I received a brand new one. Original packaging, battery, memory card, charger, everything.

Maybe they were running low on refurbs? Maybe I just got lucky...:icon_ banana:

9. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's your call to make.

Depends on the specific refurb you get. Some people have problems with them, some don't despite the checks that are supposed to take place.

10. Jam2it30@gmail.com

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow that is very lucky!

11. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Ratings:
    +33

I don't think they are doing that anymore unless you have an open upgrade. the reason I say this is because we were on our 5th refurbished LG Touch for my daughter within the first year of her owning it and they refused to give us a new device unless we had an open upgrade. We finally got fed up and used an upgrade to get her the Incredible.

12. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,310
    If it is their fault I keep getting bad refurbs, I will not use an upgrade. Heck I will expect an free early upgrade. Its one thing if its my fault, but if its the company fault then that will not happen at all.