1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

droid replacement questions

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Jam2it30@gmail.com, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Jam2it30@gmail.com

Jam2it30@gmail.com New Member

I have some questions about the manufactor warrenty. I did not get extended warrenty. Just bought the phone and took the one year warrenty that I think it came with. I have a quarky slider/loose screen/and messed up headphone Jack I hear a bunch of static whenever my phone moves around in my pocket (main reason why I want a refurb). Are these good enough reasons to get a refurb phone? And if it is what do I have to do? Go into the verizon store and show them or call customer support? And also if I get a refurb are these problems likely going to be worse with a refurb?

Thanks guys
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  2. pc747

pc747 Administrator Staff Member

are you wanting to get a new android device or you just want to do an exchange. Because the refurb may be a good refurb. And I believe after 3 bad refurbs you can get a diff device, but that would be unethical to use that to get a d2 or dx IMO.
  3. Jam2it30@gmail.com

No I love the droid and I want to stay with it as long as the phone corporates (no quirky slider or messed up headphone jack or a loose screen)
  4. pc747

yeah expect to get a refurb. My apologies thought you was asking away to get a new device the "slick" way. But if after so many bad refurbs I believe they have to give you a new one, but do not quote me on that
  5. Jam2it30@gmail.com

yeah I was just am wondering the steps involved to get a refurb and also if my problems are big enough to get one.
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  6. eliassami5

eliassami5 New Member

there is nothing wrong with a referb, they are just as good as a brand new phone out of the factory. Verizon doesn't even call them referb's anymore, they call them certified like new.
  7. Jam2it30@gmail.com

So what are the steps involved do I have to bring my droid into the store or do I call them
  8. hashsi99

hashsi99 New Member

you can just call them.

I ordered a refurb, received it, and I rejected it. It had chips in the bezel. So I called and told (verizon) I was sending it back. The lady said she'd send out another one. This time, however, I received a brand new one. Original packaging, battery, memory card, charger, everything.

Maybe they were running low on refurbs? Maybe I just got lucky...:icon_ banana:
  9. takeshi

takeshi New Member

That's your call to make.

Depends on the specific refurb you get. Some people have problems with them, some don't despite the checks that are supposed to take place.
  10. Jam2it30@gmail.com

Wow that is very lucky!
  11. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie

I don't think they are doing that anymore unless you have an open upgrade. the reason I say this is because we were on our 5th refurbished LG Touch for my daughter within the first year of her owning it and they refused to give us a new device unless we had an open upgrade. We finally got fed up and used an upgrade to get her the Incredible.
  12. pc747

If it is their fault I keep getting bad refurbs, I will not use an upgrade. Heck I will expect an free early upgrade. Its one thing if its my fault, but if its the company fault then that will not happen at all.