New D2 Globals

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
i feel that the D3 could have been better if Moto had unlocked the bootloader, and there should be no regret in getting a D2G over a D3, as people have stated. I would have liked the display to have been something other than qHd for the D3 ( compare to the Charge, and you'll see what i mean ) but by no means is it a bad phone, but as Byakushiki mentioned its a proven phone. I will wait with this phone till something that is somewhat proven comes out like the new nexus this fall (rumored), or i can get my hands ona quad-core one when they are practical and unlocked

opentofalling

Reaction score
I would have liked the display to have been something other than qHd for the D3 ( compare to the Charge, and you'll see what i mean )

Exactly... I would have picked up a d3 if it wasn't for the screen. I couldn't feel good about leaving behind my super amoled vibrant for the d3's dull screen at the current price. I'm really hoping for a thinned dual core version of the sprint epic to hit verizon, but for now I wait with the d2g.

edit: saw this pop up this morning. hope they're wrong about the processor!
http://phandroid.com/2011/07/18/verizons-4g-enabled-slider-by-samsung-pictured-and-detailed/

Last edited:

Kimo91

Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to the Droid family. I had a Droid 2 till I cracked the screen and got the Droid 2 Global brand new as a insurance replacement and love this phone more than the 2 personally. It is a bit faster and at one point rooted but unrooted it recently in anticipation of Gingerbread...when that will finally be released is anyone's guess at this point. Good pick of a phone for both you and your wife

If its not Boeing, I'm not going! Team Boeing ROCKS!!!

Khiraji

Reaction score
Congrats on your new toys! You're going to love them :)
+1 on the extended battery - I got one for my D2 and now it lasts for ever and ever and ever.

For me there was a lot to learn about the wonders of Droid, but you've come to the right place - these forums are awesome and have tons and tons of info about every aspect imaginable regarding Droids.
Cheers and enjoy!

Sent via subspace link from my DROID2