New D2 Globals

mdbullet223

Reaction score
Well my wife and I recieved our new Droid 2 Globals today. We orderd them Sunday online. Mine had a bad touch screen so I took it to the local Verizon store and they replaced it right away. The wifes was perfect. I think I am going to like this phone. The sound is clear and the people I have talked to say I sound good as well. All that is left to get is the extended battery and I will be all set! JR

Bense

Reaction score
Well my wife and I recieved our new Droid 2 Globals today. We orderd them Sunday online. Mine had a bad touch screen so I took it to the local Verizon store and they replaced it right away. The wifes was perfect. I think I am going to like this phone. The sound is clear and the people I have talked to say I sound good as well. All that is left to get is the extended battery and I will be all set! JR

.....okay?

goober0122

Reaction score
Good to hear that! Glad you are liking the phone. Sorry about the guy above me, he obviously thinks that people can't just talk about being excited for no reason. I had the D2G for a few weeks and loved it, but I have moved on to the Droid 3. I have very big thumbs and I'm hoping that the extra row of keys will give me more room for the qwerty row.

goober0122

Reaction score
Holy crap, good point leo! Return those D2Gs within 14 days and pick up some Droid 3s. Dual core 1ghz processor, front and rear cameras, bigger keyboard, sexier body (IMHO). And you can't forget Gingerbread!

leobg

Reaction score
D3 > D2g for sure. Probably in all aspects. New blur looks awesome too. I am a bit surprised they didn't make it 1GB RAM or at least 768MB. But at this stage it feels like 512MB will be fine.

I very much wonder how will be the situation with SIM unlocking D3's. My finger is itching on pulling the trigger on D3 (to upgrade my D2G) but if SIM lock situation is going to be as sh..tty as with some of the D2G's I rather not...

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
As much as I like my d2g, switch it for the droid 3.
It already has gingerbread, better hardware, bigger screen, a seperate row of number keys.
Who knows when the d2g will get updated to gingerbread.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

goober0122

Reaction score
I was able to get the customer retention department to ship my D3 out yesterday with free standard overnight shipping. I was also able to get them to take return on my 31 day old D2G and charge me $49 for the D3. This was all do to issues with having to return the D2G twice with bad earpiece speakers and some crazy issues with my bill. Since you are within the 14 days, you shouldn't require any of this, hopefully you didn't fill out the rebates and mail them in yet. If you do not have the white sticker from the box you will lose that money on the return.

cutiedroid

Reaction score
If folks are trading in their D2G for the D3 because of the hard keyboard I think I'll stick to the D2G. Besides, if you use Swype, or an equivalent, in landscape mode there's plenty of room for the biggest fingers.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Not going to upgrade. Had a look at that pentile qHD screen, it's horrible for my eyes.

I guess I'll wait until Motorola releases Droid 4 with a proper display and a quad core CPU.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
D2G > D3

Its a proven phone, has root and roms. The d3 is brand new and not rooted yet and tbh i doubt will have much dev support because of the locked bootloader. It will be a little bit before there is even a custom recovery for it unless dx/2 bootstrap works when it finally is rooted. So thats even longer before theres roms for it. Not to mention there probably wont be an sbf for a while and until there is there will only be the partial roms of the d2g fission type. Also, 2nd-init wont work on it without some major work so wont even have that to use when it is rooted.

I guess if you plan on keeping it bone stock (i personally dont see how people can stand stock... being on it for the 5 minutes it takes to root and reinstall the bootstrapper bugs me because of how bad blur is) then go for it. If you even consider modding in the next few months then stay with the d2g. Its a great phone anyways.

maxwellag

Reaction score
Gosh everyone give them a break! Don't make them feel bad or have buyer's remorse over their new phones. Maybe they got it for a reason. It doesn't have better hardware but it has better software options and support.

opentofalling

Reaction score
^^^

Case in point, I just sold my contract-buy iphone4 and picked up a d2g on ebay to hold me over. I'm hoping verizon eventually gets something based on the galaxy S II (nexus plz) at which point I'll probably dump my d2g and pick up a d3 to have as a backup/worldphone/HTPC remote...if they get cheap enough.

chrom3

Reaction score
D2G > D3

Its a proven phone, has root and roms. The d3 is brand new and not rooted yet and tbh i doubt will have much dev support because of the locked bootloader. It will be a little bit before there is even a custom recovery for it unless dx/2 bootstrap works when it finally is rooted. So thats even longer before theres roms for it. Not to mention there probably wont be an sbf for a while and until there is there will only be the partial roms of the d2g fission type. Also, 2nd-init wont work on it without some major work so wont even have that to use when it is rooted.

I guess if you plan on keeping it bone stock (i personally dont see how people can stand stock... being on it for the 5 minutes it takes to root and reinstall the bootstrapper bugs me because of how bad blur is) then go for it. If you even consider modding in the next few months then stay with the d2g. Its a great phone anyways.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Byakushiki

Reaction score
+1 on d2g being a proven phone...we can still exploit it easily at this point; D3 though, since it uses gb, has all the previous exploits used to root and subsequently rom patched.