Is your Verizon store still carrying D2?

me4droid

Reaction score
I went to the local Verizon company store today to compare the D2 and Global. Well, great idea, but the store doesn't have a single D2 on the floor anymore--just the Global. Actually it did have a dummy R2D2 so I could compare the keyboards but that's all.

So is this farewell to the D2? I am now leaning toward the D2 vs the Global due to the battery issues with the Global that seem attached to the radio cell.

Guess I'll have to buy online or over the phone, no problem with that, but it seems early to be discontinuing the phone when it was released only a couple of months ago.

So what's in your Verizon store?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I went to the local Verizon company store today to compare the D2 and Global. Well, great idea, but the store doesn't have a single D2 on the floor anymore--just the Global. Actually it did have a dummy R2D2 so I could compare the keyboards but that's all.

So is this farewell to the D2? I am now leaning toward the D2 vs the Global due to the battery issues with the Global that seem attached to the radio cell.

Guess I'll have to buy online or over the phone, no problem with that, but it seems early to be discontinuing the phone when it was released only a couple of months ago.

So what's in your Verizon store?

I would suspect the D2 World would replace the D2. Same phone, just one is global.

Rage423

Reaction score
my store doesnt have it either, but the other guys is probably right the global is just replacing the original d2...

nicdanger

Reaction score
everywhere is "temporarily" out of stock. i read an article that best buy is discontinuing droid 2 as well so idk

vintage2714

Reaction score
My store had them when I went to get my d2g

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

CKD2

Reaction score
I went to 2 different stores by me, one in MA one in RI and they both had D2's.

Hmmmmmm. Is the D2G the same color as the D2?

Dustin.

Reaction score
My store still has about 3-4 D2's in stock.

Haven't received any notice/QRG on them being discontinued..

metroplex

Reaction score
FWIW I made the mistake of buying my first Droid 2 at the Verizon store. $299.99 with a $100 mail in rebate, new contract. Sound reasonable? Yes, until I went home and found it on Amazon.com for $89.99 with a new contract. I canceled my contract and returned the phone at the store, lost $35 in activation fee but made up for it by buying it via Amazon. I activated it myself, and set up my military discount.

Just a few weeks ago, I found the Droid 2 for $0.01 at Amazon. It goes to show that waiting about 3-5 months after the release of a phone can pay off. I only went to the Verizon store to buy some accessories that were priced comparably w/ Amazon (screen protector, case and holster).

Overall, the Verizon Stores suck the big one.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
It goes to show that waiting about 3-5 months after the release of a phone can pay off.

Not an option if you don't need a new contract.

OP
M

me4droid

Reaction score
Interesting. I went to a different store and they had D2's. Then was on another thread here and someone mentioned that there are no D2's on the verizonwireless website anymore--just refurbs. Things that make you go "hmmmmm"!