New Car Home in the Market

phunkyjoey

Reaction score
Just noticed that Car Home is now in the Market. Version number is 2.2.1. Not in my car so I havent been able to see what, if anything, is new in this release.

It is cool to see google releasing all their apps into the market, rather than waiting until the next major android release to send out updates.

Cheers

ladyetrek

Reaction score
Car Home Not Showing up in Apps

So I downloaded this app from the market but it isn't showing up in my apps so I can place it on my home screen. Any ideas? It does show up in activities but nothing downloads from there that I can find...thanks.

OP
P

phunkyjoey

Reaction score
You have to place your phone in the car mount. Or use magnets to trick it into thinking its in the car mount. It works kind of like the media dock. When its docked, it recognizes it and the app autolaunches.

Its basically a homescreen that is more driver friendly. It has large buttons for apps used frequently in the car (navigation, bluetooth, etc)

techguru

Reaction score
So I downloaded this app from the market but it isn't showing up in my apps so I can place it on my home screen. Any ideas? It does show up in activities but nothing downloads from there that I can find...thanks.

For the X, you will either need a car dock with a properly located magnet, or one of the apps that emulates dock mode (I was going to recommend "Dock Simulator", but it apparently has not been updated for Froyo because it is not showing up in the market, and is force closing on my X). The first time you put it in the dock or run the dock emulator app you will get a pop-up asking if you want to run Car Home or Car Dock (the installed default).

Alan

ladyetrek

Reaction score
Car Home App

Thanks! I have a generic car mount but it does not start the app of course. I just ordered the real thing so will be eager to test it out once it arrives!

lancelot323

Reaction score
Tried installing this yesterday...kept getting a "package not signed correctly" error.

I'm running sapphire 1.1.1. Any thoughts?

Sent from my Sapphire'd Droid using Tapatalk

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thread Moved to Droid Applications...please post in the correct forum/sub forum

Dragoro

Reaction score
What do you search for? I searched for car home and its a bunch of 3rd party apps

brochaos

Reaction score
you can finally move apps around and add new shortcuts!!! 4 screens total!

too late now though, i just got car home v2 working great for me.

ipawd1

Reaction score
I just removed ALL apps from my homescreen minus this one. And I'm happy. Hey!

samiusmc

Reaction score
It won't install on mine. Keep getting "installation unsuccessful" message. Running SS 4.8 on my Droid 1.