New Car Home in the Market

wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It won't install on mine. Keep getting "installation unsuccessful" message. Running SS 4.8 on my Droid 1.

You need to uninstall the original app first, then reboot. Download from market as usual. I use root explorer but astro should work as well.

Forgot that you can also use terminal emulator.
su
sysrw
rm /sysyem/app/carhomelauncher.apk
reboot

Last edited:

harrellj

Reaction score
It won't install on mine. Keep getting "installation unsuccessful" message. Running SS 4.8 on my Droid 1.

You need to uninstall the original app first, then reboot. Download from market as usual. I use root explorer but astro should work as well.

su
sysrw
reboot

Thats the answer I needed, what was the original's filename. Thanks :D :icon_ banana:

samiusmc

Reaction score

su
sysrw
reboot

Thanks, it worked!

Genisis

Reaction score
I just installed it about an hour ago from the market. If google pulled it, then they must have put it back on the market. By any chance, would someone have an idea as to about where the magnet needs to be to trick the phone into driving mode? Why cant they just make the app allow for horizontal rotation when they right the code for the app for people that use universal phone mounts?

Genisis

Reaction score
its listed as "Car Home Beta" in the market. "the Spinning Head" as the Dev. I just checked and its still listed...7th app from the top of the list when doing a search for "car home".

OP
P

phunkyjoey

Reaction score
No, the official google one is called "Car Home" and the developer listed is Google.

ucpro

Reaction score
i can't get it to install. i've deleted the apk out of system/data/app, rebooted, then tried to install from the market and it says install unsuccessful. i even tried to take the apk that i found from another site and put it in the data/app manually, rebooted and the app doesn't show up. not sure what to do at this point, any ideas??