Custom Car Home - a better Car Home

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by BigFwoosh, May 7, 2010.

1. BigFwoosh

BigFwoosh Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all,

I posted this in the App Announcements subforum, but since that place is pretty dead I thought I'd post it here too. If that's not cool, please lock. I know that a lot of people would like an alternative to Car Home, so I'm just trying to spread the love :)

I created Custom Car Home over the last couple of weeks. Here is the current feature list:

• Up to 8 apps on screen (can long-press and choose Remove to remove unneeded ones)
    • Auto-enable speakerphone and bluetooth
    • Keep screen on while in the app
    • Google Navigation shortcut, works just like the one in Car Home
    • Works with compatible docks, such as Motorola's
    • Works with Android 2.0+ phones only
    I have more features planned, and I'm taking any and all feedback into consideration. The app is free, and there's also a donate version if you would like to donate.

Direct link to the market: market://search?q=pname:com.bigfwoosh.customcarhome

2. thechibigirl

thechibigirl New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey I just wanted to let you know that I installed this App on my DI and so far I really like it! I really enjoy that it can change orientation (unlike the stock from HTC). I have only two recommendations, add more pages of the eight icons and allow the addition of widgets. I would really like to be able to have a clock widget on there! But other than that it works really great for me! Bluetooth & WiFi turn on and off when they are suppose to and that is really great! Thanks and keep up the good work!

Now if only someone would design a vehicle mount for the DI that automatically puts it into Car Mode...

Thanks again! =)

Search tags for this page
car mode alternative android
customize car mode on htc dna
customize htc dna car mode

htc rezound car mode

htc rezound google car home