New Apps from 2.2 - Froyo

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wasn't off by much:

"Adobe Integrated Runtime (AIR) is a cross-platform runtime environment developed by Adobe Systems for building rich Internet applications using Adobe Flash, Adobe Flex, HTML, or Ajax, that can be deployed as a desktop application."

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
So it makes it VERY easy for someone who already developed a nice browser game to throw it into an AIR app and put it on the market.

Should open up our selection of games. I'm sure the other non-flash technologies mentioned will also allow for some nice apps.

AdamZ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well... it's been a while since I've been around - sorry about that (I've had some things in life to take care of... as well as a dead CPU for quite a while).

I think the Launcher, Internal Tethering, and of course the new, much improved, kernel that interest me the most... since Adobe Flash is integrated throughout and will be given to us soon enough. (I've definitely gotten used to waiting for that.) I think I'll jump on things after work tonight... we'll see how things go... :)

phatkat66

Reaction score
ADAMZ!!!! welcome back ^_^ Your MIA status made me pretty much do all kinds of crap to my phone. I miss SG! ^_^ looking forward to the things you come up with.

Again welcome back! Glad your alive lol

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Damn Tig .... Resize that puppy! :)

AIR is nice, but like anything else, site builders have to embrace and use it.

nphil

Reaction score
Well apparently the feedback thing showed at Google IO for 2.2 is an apk, and it works on 2.1. Just unzip and push to /system/app/

Now your force close dialogs are a little more useful! I'm guessing app developers get the report on their developer account page?

nphil

Reaction score
adb remount
adb push GoogleFeedback.apk /system/app/

that's assuming you have the apk in your tools folder. Or just root explorer and copy the file to /system/app/

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well apparently the feedback thing showed at Google IO for 2.2 is an apk, and it works on 2.1. Just unzip and push to /system/app/

Now your force close dialogs are a little more useful! I'm guessing app developers get the report on their developer account page?

Interesting, so far without installing, most of my apps if FC give me the report option already, perhaps it was changed on the market?

khaf

Reaction score
adb remount
adb push GoogleFeedback.apk /system/app/

that's assuming you have the apk in your tools folder. Or just root explorer and copy the file to /system/app/

Thank you for your help

khaf

Reaction score
funny thing is i havent had a force close in the looooooooongest time

maxohkc

Reaction score
What does googlefeedback do... I just downloaded it.. just don't know what it does