Froyo on X

jacket

Reaction score
I tried to update to 2.2 froyo and got error code 7 with the logwrapper error. I went to reboot phone and now have been stuck on the Motorola boot logo screen for at least 10 minutes. Have pulled the battery and tried to boot again with same result. Am I just not waiting long enough and getting anxious or is this something I should be worried about?

And I'm an Android noob so try to speak fairly plainly please. I'm afraid I bricked my phone.

moopar10

Reaction score
offical 2.2 upgrade for verizon droid x

hello, do you know around when the offical release will be and how will i be notified? by verizon, by message on phone?
thanx

armedmonkey

Reaction score
"the beginning of september". You'll know, don't worry. Your phone will probably notify you.

capsfan0709

Reaction score
I downloaded the upload.zip file but I'm hesitant to actually install it after reading about some problems. I'm rooted so that I can wireless tether. I'm going to wait for the official Froyo release. Being rooted won't prevent me from getting the official Froyo ota update correct?

713King

Reaction score
Does anyone have any problems with 3g connection being lost? At my house were I didn't lose 3g connection with original Droid I have that problem with this one, is there a fix for it or my Droid X is defective because at the Mall today I lost connection and had no bars even after roam update. Is it maybe because of the battery profiles that it has? Im having it as nightmode?

OP
M

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any problems with 3g connection being lost? At my house were I didn't lose 3g connection with original Droid I have that problem with this one, is there a fix for it or my Droid X is defective because at the Mall today I lost connection and had no bars even after roam update. Is it maybe because of the battery profiles that it has? Im having it as nightmode?

Are you on 2.2 on 2.1 on your device. 2.1 has a radio issue that the 2.2 update will fix

Trutzblatt

Reaction score
Good but....

That all sounds nice, but I would really like to remove / delete the social networking app on my X.....until now this seems impossible, and I wonder if they are trying to shove this online exhibitionism down our throats by making it not possible to delete this carp......I don't want it on there, I paid good money for my X, but they limit which apps I can delete and which I can't......what's wrong with this picture, anyone????

rcjames

Reaction score
That all sounds nice, but I would really like to remove / delete the social networking app on my X.....until now this seems impossible, and I wonder if they are trying to shove this online exhibitionism down our throats by making it not possible to delete this carp......I don't want it on there, I paid good money for my X, but they limit which apps I can delete and which I can't......what's wrong with this picture, anyone????

You need to root it to take off the bloat ware. I don't care about the social networking app, i simply don't use it, but i glace once in a while though it shows update of people profiles. I'm still gonna root it soon take that off. Just not yet.