Froyo on X

OP
M

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I imagine it is safe to assume that when the official OTA update comes out we will still be able to update if there are any enhancements or changes from this update?

Yes if an OTA release is sent then you will get prompted to install it. Think about though...chances are we wil have the files before VZW releases em. Hell they called me today and asked where they came from :icon_ banana:

I hope so. So once the 2.2 is released from verizon, are we able to download else where if the update page in our phone wont work? Just like how we downloaded this leaked version?

Yepit will be right here on DF. I know we will have a news post and instructions at that point. Right now enjoy the leak a bit. VZW has no release date yet

CellZealot

Reaction score
Nice to see everyone enjoying themselves...kudos to all involved!!

Lots of drama and subterfuge on this one. ;)

It wasn't easy...

OP
M

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice to see everyone enjoying themselves...kudos to all involved!!

Lots of drama and subterfuge on this one. ;)

It wasn't easy...

No drama here on DF.........

thanks to P3 and those working hard behind the scenes for sure........

keep the drama out of here

phatkat66

Reaction score
I get error after "verifying current system"...

assert failed: apply patch check /system/build.prop

error in /sdcard/update.zip (status 7)

any ideas? Thanks for the help

I'm rooted but removed no bloatware and removed my theme and bootstrap as well

EDIT: Nevermind figured it out... for some reason after I did Fabulous's theme remover it still has 928 black glass X as my build name

what did you do to fix it? Cuz i applied his theme remover too except im having a status 7 because of the framework/blur-res.apk

rcjames

Reaction score
Quadrant Scores are amazing! 1989 that's what i just recently got lol

How you got that? What else did you done? Damn thats a high score.

HELP----
The light that lit up the button is turned off and i notice that because my living room is dark since its 2 oclock a.m and i got useto 2.1 with light on buttons. Anybody have issue with it and is there a fix? Thanks.

HemiDroid03

Reaction score
Here's my FROYO DX story. In a nut shell, I flashed the update late last night (midnight) everything went GREAT and SMOOTH, My DX was ROOTED via the 1-Click but I had failed to notice that I was suppose to have the SU in XBin and not BIN... I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO CHECK THIS BECAUSE I LOST SU ACCESS! I still have ROOT but ROOT EXPLORER, DROCAP, TETHERING... none of it works :(

After my installation my phone was very laggy (same as my D1 with any flashing at the beginning) the market took extremely long to load or even give me an ERROR message but this morning everything seems to be fine.

Can anyone help me with this!? I need my ROOT ACCESS!

josg21

Reaction score
How do we access features like streaming music, or sending apps from the pc?

Foolish

Reaction score

To add to your quadrant score use root explorer and go into the build.prop and edit all the media.stagefrights from false to true. They are about 3/4 of the way down. Save and it and reboot your phone. 1989 is pretty good I actually hit 2100 though.

Thanx to birdman for the find

josg21

Reaction score

To add to your quadrant score use root explorer and go into the build.prop and edit all the media.stagefrights from false to true. They are about 3/4 of the way down. Save and it and reboot your phone. 1989 is pretty good I actually hit 2100 though.

Thanx to birdman for the find

What does that do?

SoxFan894

Reaction score
Let me get this correct before I screw something up on the X.

I'm about to download the update file. I move the file to /sdcard...then reboot the phone in recovery mode.

I am performing this on a non-rooted X.

OP
M

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let me get this correct before I screw something up on the X.

I'm about to download the update file. I move the file to /sdcard...then reboot the phone in recovery mode.

I am performing this on a non-rooted X.

Yes you download your file. Move it to the Sd card then rename it to update and run it. It will take you to 2.2

OP
M

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmmm

Typically how long does the moto symbol stay for?

It seemed like forever to me. I actually had to battery pull once to get it to come back, but thats not the norm