new annoying tab has appeared - how to delete

Paul007

Reaction score
Very recently a new tab has appeared on my home screen. It is in the lower right hand corner in the image. It's annoying and I'd like to know how to delete it. Can anyone help?

If I open it and press its 'Edit' button I am told 'Additional apps that suppport multi window mode are stored here. To customize shortcuts, press and hold app and drag and drop it in the tray.'

There doesn't seem to be a way to delete it or any of the shortcuts it contains, help!

View attachment 59540

Last edited:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
That is your "multi-window" tab - if you press and hold the back key, it should disappear. If you want to completely disable it, it should be in system settings / display / multi-window feature, uncheck.

OP
P

Paul007

Reaction score
That is your "multi-window" tab - if you press and hold the back key, it should disappear. If you want to completely disable it, it should be in system settings / display / multi-window feature, uncheck.

Fantastic, thank you.

pinesyrup

Reaction score
Hi. Sorry to bump this old thread, but I am having a similar problem. When my multi window tab appeared, I was unable to pull down my notifications bar at the top of the screen. I know how to disable the multiwindow..... but the problem is even when I disable it I STILL can't pull down my notifications. Right now I have an update notification that I can't view.
Can anyone tell me how to reactivate the pulldown notifications?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Have you tried rebooting?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

pinesyrup

Reaction score
Omg, it worked. I thought about doing that earlier, but I was like, "nah, couldn't be that simple."
Thanks! Now I feel silly for not rebooting earlier.

Blueline50

Reaction score

Thank you, thank you ... wouldn't be able to say this enough. The annoying "m-w" tab is gone :icon_ lala:. I signed up just to thank you :hail:.

Blueline50