Network Question

Squeak87

Reaction score
When I bought my Razr Maxx it was set to CDMA/LTE mode, unfortunately I broke the screen on it and was sent a replacement in which the network mode is set to Global. Which one should it be set on? Does it affect phone performance?

avenged61973

Reaction score
Setting it to cdma/lte mode saves a lot of battery. I would recommend setting it to that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
When I bought my Razr Maxx it was set to CDMA/LTE mode, unfortunately I broke the screen on it and was sent a replacement in which the network mode is set to Global. Which one should it be set on? Does it affect phone performance?

Definitely get it off of GSM. If you live in a fringe 4g area think about lte on/off to keep it on 3g to save the phone from constantly hunting for 4g.

If it's not HD it might as well be a newspaper.

OP
Squeak87

Squeak87

Reaction score
Cool thanks for the tips. I don't have a problem with always searching for 4g. I always have 3g in my area until I get closer to a town then 4g kicks in.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Cool thanks for the tips. I don't have a problem with always searching for 4g. I always have 3g in my area until I get closer to a town then 4g kicks in.

At home if battery life is an issue you can lock it on 3g, when you're in a 3g area the 4g radio is always searching for a signal. With the MAXX you shouldn't have any battery issues. GSM searches for more stuff that doesn't benefit your experience.

If it's not HD it might as well be a newspaper.