Using international SIM in Korea

Bravo03

Reaction score
Currently I'm on a family plan with Verizon, so I can keep my unlimited data plan. However I've been in South Korea for the past 5 months and will be here for another 19 so my line with them is currently frozen/suspended. I was hoping to be able to use one of the sim cards from the local provider here, LGU+ w/out having to buy a new phone.

Currently my phone does have version 4.1.2 installed on it.

Also if I go into "Settings>Wireless & Networks More...>Mobile networks>Network mode" it gives me three options; Global, LTE/CDMA, GSM/UMTS.
Will that allow me to use one of their sim cards?

GotnFX

Reaction score
Currently I'm on a family plan with Verizon, so I can keep my unlimited data plan. However I've been in South Korea for the past 5 months and will be here for another 19 so my line with them is currently frozen/suspended. I was hoping to be able to use one of the sim cards from the local provider here, LGU+ w/out having to buy a new phone.

Currently my phone does have version 4.1.2 installed on it.

Also if I go into "Settings>Wireless & Networks More...>Mobile networks>Network mode" it gives me three options; Global, LTE/CDMA, GSM/UMTS.
Will that allow me to use one of their sim cards?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...l-use-razr-maxx-without-prior-us-account.html

There are a few links in this thread. Also, just an FYI, this question along with how do I root my RAZR and What Tether should I use with JellyBean is always asked. A simple search will give you a ton of options on this forum. Good Luck!