Netflix Updated for New Devices, DROID3 on the list

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
f-1024-4

Well guys, i know most of you have been asking when the Droid 3 was going to get Netflix. Well it appears now that all Droid 3 users are able to download it off the Android Marketplace, along with a whole new list of supported devices. So go on over and enjoy Netflix on the go and for those of you who prefer a bigger screen, how about putting that HDMI port.

NEW LIST OF SUPPORTED DEVICES:

• Casio G'zOne Commando C771 with Android 2.2
• HTC Doubleshot
• HTC Droid Incredible
• HTC Droid Incredible 2
• HTC EVO
• HTC EVO 3D
• HTC G2
• HTC Thunderbolt
• Lenovo IdeaPad Tablet
• LG Revolution
• Motorola Atrix
• Motorola Droid
• Motorola Droid X
• Motorola Droid X2
• Motorola Droid 2
• Motorola Droid 3
• Motorola Droid Bionic
• Samsung Droid Charge
• Samsung Epic 4G
• Samsung Galaxy S
• Samsung Galaxy S 4G
• Samsung Fascinate
• Samsung Nexus S
• Samsung Nexus S 4G

VIA: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.netflix.mediaclient&feature=search_result

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ah, at last! Well.. I mean, it hasn't even been two weeks yet since we've had the Droid 3 so it really hasn't been that long. But still, glad it here!

Quick question. If you have a netflix account on your computer/xbox/blu-ray/phone, can you sign on on any of them to watch it? Or is that extra?

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Ah, at last! Well.. I mean, it hasn't even been two weeks yet since we've had the Droid 3 so it really hasn't been that long. But still, glad it here!

Quick question. If you have a netflix account on your computer/xbox/blu-ray/phone, can you sign on on any of them to watch it? Or is that extra?
you are allowed to have 2 devices logged in at the same time. anymore and you will have to log out of the other devices or you might have problems signing in the other

km75

Reaction score
I just posted about this about 10 minutes ago. Lol. Happened to check on it and what do you know there it was.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
looks like i was wrong

You can have up to 6 Netflix-ready devices per account, but the number of simultaneous streams depends on your account level. If you're on the streaming-only or 1 disc plan you can watch on only 1 device at a time, but with the 3-out DVD plan you can have 3 simultaneous streams. Source: Netflix help system.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
looks like i was wrong

You can have up to 6 Netflix-ready devices per account, but the number of simultaneous streams depends on your account level. If you're on the streaming-only or 1 disc plan you can watch on only 1 device at a time, but with the 3-out DVD plan you can have 3 simultaneous streams. Source: Netflix help system.
Oh alright. Well.. so, if I'm signed in on my Phone and then sign out can I go back to my computer?

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
looks like i was wrong

Oh alright. Well.. so, if I'm signed in on my Phone and then sign out can I go back to my computer?

Yes otherwise you might have trouble signing in on the other device :)

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Finally official support for my droid 2!!

Do get too excited, they just doubled their fees.

Bye Bye Netflix!
Still says 7.99?

And alright, thanks! Good to know. Wanted to make sure I can't only just watch it on my phone.

The email I got from them said that the price changes go into effect on September 1st. They are splitting the instant watch from the one dvd plan and they will both be 7.99 making it 15.98 a month now instead of the 11.99 or whatever it was.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haha, makes sense.

Well looks like I may hold off on it after all. What are they raising the prices to?

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Finally official support for my droid 2!!

Do get too excited, they just doubled their fees.

Bye Bye Netflix!
Still says 7.99?

And alright, thanks! Good to know. Wanted to make sure I can't only just watch it on my phone.

The email I got from them said that the price changes go into effect on September 1st. They are splitting the instant watch from the one dvd plan and they will both be 7.99 making it 15.98 a month now instead of the 11.99 or whatever it was.
Ah.. I hate double posting, but it doesn't let me "edit" my post.

Anyways, so one or the other is 7.99, and both would be 15.98? Or you have to do both now? Because I'm completely just fine with streaming only. I can use Red Box for DVD's.