Need some assistance please..

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
I sbf'd back to Froyo with an app called TBH.sbf, then took OTA, before rooting and flashing. That app worked flawlessly for me. No computer, no RSD Lite. Not sure if I got it from the market or somewhere else. I believe your battery is also usable on the original(OG)Droid. So if you know somebody with a D2 or OG Droid you can get your battery charged. Wipe data/factory reset should have been one of the options from the menu you described. Is the rom you tried to flash froyo or gingerbread based? Problem might be related to the wrong kernal. Just a guess, not familiar at all with the rom you are trying to put on, sorry I'm not more of a help.

Sent from my rooted, and CM7 rommed, Droid2

I SBF'ed the phone back to stock..since the phone wouldnt charge so i can flash it to stock..i did the "cut the USB cord method"..it actually worked..only problem is that once i got it back to stock..i got a "battery invalid..cant charge" msg..i tried to update to gingerbread..at about 80% battery gives out and couldnt complete the update..i guess now im left with no choice but to buy another battery..but im not sure if the connecter pins on the back of the phone where the battery goes got damaged..what do you think?
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
I SBF'ed the phone back to stock..since the phone wouldnt charge so i can flash it to stock..i did the "cut the USB cord method"..it actually worked..only problem is that once i got it back to stock..i got a "battery invalid..cant charge" msg..i tried to update to gingerbread..at about 80% battery gives out and couldnt complete the update..i guess now im left with no choice but to buy another battery..but im not sure if the connecter pins on the back of the phone where the battery goes got damaged..what do you think?

Sucks cuz none of my friends have a droid 1 or 2..but i just sold an OG droid on ebay about 3 weeks ago...and about the ROM i was trying to flash is Vortex RC1..which im running on my droid X as we speak..its from a .605 build..maybe thats what went wrong..or maybe the kernal.

lizard

Reaction score
So you attempted to flash a Droid X rom onto your D2? How do you think the battery connection on the phone might have been damaged ?

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
So you attempted to flash a Droid X rom onto your D2? How do you think the battery connection on the phone might have been damaged ?

Yes i attempted to download a ROM for a droid X onto the droid 2..i think it might of gotten messed up when i did the "cut USB cord method" if you dont know what that is..thats when you cut the end off the USB cord and take the plastic around it off and use the black and red wires and attach ito the battery while in in the phone so that i could bypass the bootloader error that says "battery low..can not program" so i could flash it back to stock...

lizard

Reaction score
I've heard of attaching the usb wires to the battery, but I thought you kept it out of the phone for a while like a hour or so to get sufficient charge, not put it in the phone. If you sparked them wires while putting the battery in, you may very well have fried something. I sure hope not.

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
I've heard of attaching the usb wires to the battery, but I thought you kept it out of the phone for a while like a hour or so to get sufficient charge, not put it in the phone. If you sparked them wires while putting the battery in, you may very well have fried something. I sure hope not.

Oh ok..yeah i attached it to the battery and put the battery in the phone..thats what it said in the link in android central..i thought i did everything right..i mean it flashed the phone went back to stock..i didnt see the wires spark..damn this really sucks..i feel like slamming this phone to the ground..its pretty much useless..how can i tell if something got fried?

lizard

Reaction score
If you put a confirmed good battery in it and nothing is fried, I would think it would continue to revert to the bootloader screen you were stuck at before. Just my opinion.

lizard

Reaction score
I just read back a couple posts. Are you on froyo and getting a battery can't charge error? I was thinkin you were getting that message on the black screen. What is your current status on froyo and just can't charge? Want to be sure I'm understanding you, cause I'm not sure I do.

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
I just read back a couple posts. Are you on froyo and getting a battery can't charge error? I was thinkin you were getting that message on the black screen. What is your current status on froyo and just can't charge? Want to be sure I'm understanding you, cause I'm not sure I do.

Yeah it was on froyo after sbf to stock..and than i was trying to download the OTA for gingerbread through system updates..it was in the process and when it got to 80% battery gave out..and the phone turned off..now when i plug in the charger a black screen with the white motorola logo "M" and than it shows a big grey empty battery icon with a big ? ..in the middle..thats all it does..

lizard

Reaction score
Plug it in and leave it alone for a couple hours. Like overnight. If, when you check it the phone seems off, unplug it and power it on and look at battery level. Also is the little light right next to the plug on your phone coming on when you plug it in ? Sometimes when you discharge your phone completely it will want to stay dormant, mine did a while ago. Its been a while since I ran mine to power off, and I don't remember a "?" inside the battery.

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
Plug it in and leave it alone for a couple hours. Like overnight. If, when you check it the phone seems off, unplug it and power it on and look at battery level. Also is the little light right next to the plug on your phone coming on when you plug it in ? Sometimes when you discharge your phone completely it will want to stay dormant, mine did a while ago. Its been a while since I ran mine to power off, and I don't remember a "?" inside the battery.

When the battery had a little bit of juice in it..as i was trying to update the phone..after i put It back to stock i was trying to charge it..and a msg popped up.."battery invalid..use original motorola battery"..i went to a mom and pop cell phone shop and they told me the battery was good..they didnt have the same battery i had so i can test one out so i went to Verizon..and they put a battery inside and same thing except the phone turned on this time..but when i looked at the battery icon it had a "?"..he plugged it in to try and charge and nothing..and verizon did nothing for me..so than i left the verizon store..got in the car and tried to charge the phone again..and this time i got that lil white light on the side that i never seen before..but now the phone doesnt wanna turn on for anything..no motorola boot logo..and i dont see the big grey empty battery icon with a big "?" In it...thats how empty that battery is..so yeah i wish there was a way out of this..

lizard

Reaction score
Now that you have that little light to come on, leave it plugged in for several hours. And when you try to turn it on from power off, you do know that you have to hold the power button for several seconds. Like five full seconds.

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
Now that you have that little light to come on, leave it plugged in for several hours. And when you try to turn it on from power off, you do know that you have to hold the power button for several seconds. Like five full seconds.

Ok so heres the thing now..i went to verizon and they will replace the phone with a refurbished one im assuming..they said i should get it by fri..so now im a little worried that after i receive the replacement phone and send them back the damaged one..that they dont charge me full retail price on a d2 cuz they found out that it was rooted..but since i sbf the phone back to stock..do you think they can still find out that it was rooted? If so i will be sending back that replacement phone back to verizon cuz i refuse to pay full retail price esp on a d2..i hope this works out well for me

lizard

Reaction score
I would tell them I was updating to gingerbread and the phone crashed during the update because you didn't know how low battery was and now your having these problems. If you sbf back to stock you should be stock, not rooted, but if you didn't factory data reset there may still be some residual files on there, but I would not worry about them. I would remove YOUR sd card however. It may contain root only apps you may have downloaded, indicating you may have rooted your device. If they notice the missing card, I would tell them it has a lot of personal photos and important personal files, music , csv file with backed up contacts, whatever else. Your supposed to unmount the card in the setting menu with the phone on so if you just yank it, it may not work in your replacement but it will keep your chances of being discovered way down. Your replacement should come with an sd. If they holler about the missing card, paying for it is still cheaper than paying for the replacement phone. If they bring it up I would offer to pay just to try to play fair, but if they didn't bring it up I would let sleeping dogs lye.

Exercise greater caution with your replacement, you earned it!

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
I would tell them I was updating to gingerbread and the phone crashed during the update because you didn't know how low battery was and now your having these problems. If you sbf back to stock you should be stock, not rooted, but if you didn't factory data reset there may still be some residual files on there, but I would not worry about them. I would remove YOUR sd card however. It may contain root only apps you may have downloaded, indicating you may have rooted your device. If they notice the missing card, I would tell them it has a lot of personal photos and important personal files, music , csv file with backed up contacts, whatever else. Your supposed to unmount the card in the setting menu with the phone on so if you just yank it, it may not work in your replacement but it will keep your chances of being discovered way down. Your replacement should come with an sd. If they holler about the missing card, paying for it is still cheaper than paying for the replacement phone. If they bring it up I would offer to pay just to try to play fair, but if they didn't bring it up I would let sleeping dogs lye.

Exercise greater caution with your replacement, you earned it!

Yeah i was gonna tell them something similar to that..and after i sbf i wiped data/factory reset and than rebooted the phone..as of the SD card i just always yank it out..im gonna send in the phone without one..and i def learned from this experience..i learned how to root a droid 2..how to brick a droid 2 and sbf back to stock using the "cut USB cord method" which i hope to never have to do..and thats why i have an extra spare battery for my DX in case this happens to my phone..now what would be a good custom ROM for this replacement D2 im gonna root for my girl once i get it? I want a nice one with good battery..