rooting GB

cdipier2

Reaction score
I got my gingerbread update the day it came out, and I love it. But now I want to reroot. I have tried the droid 3 one click and it says I have, I even have the superuser apk but I go to try to get into titanium backup and it says I have not been granted root access. Am I the only one who is having trouble rooting their gingerbread d2?

TomSr

Reaction score
Just did mine last night using the Droid 3 one click and it is working well. I was previously rooted via Z4, so I had to unroot, then SBF to stock Froyo. OTA was successful and then, as mentioned, the rooting was a go.

Hope you get your issue resolved.

OP
C

cdipier2

Reaction score
I removed root then did a factory data reset before I did the OTA to gingerbread, so I definitely had a clean slate. I have tried it a few times maybe I will try again later tonite

myke2tymez

Reaction score
I thought I was the only one having that problem it started when the recent updated a couple of days ago so N E body knows what's up

OP
C

cdipier2

Reaction score
i got it working! i sbf'ed back to froyo, then updated to gingerbread, then did the one click root and now i have root this time. thank you!

Bootleg_Maximus

Reaction score
help a newb out

I'm very new to the whole rooting process and pretty much everything involved in altering the D2 from factory specs so please bear with me. I just rooted my phone less than a week ago using z4root which was easy as pie. I was loving having more or less full control over what my phone was doing and everything was golden.... until my wife got the GB update on her D2. I went through all kinds of crap trying to get the OTA to push through on my phone but couldn't get it to work. So last night I went ahead, bit the bullet and SBF back to Froyo. Everything seems to work well and the OTA pushed through and I was happy, but a little confused. When the phone booted after the SBF everything looked as though it did before the SBF. All my apps were there, my background pic was the same, and I didn't need to setup anything on the phone. The only difference between the phone before and after the SBF was SU was gone and all the factory bloat was back. I'm just a bit puzzled as to why it wasn't a full wipe like I'd assumed it would be.

Ok, so that's the background info. Now I'm running GB and everything is good but I was root access back so I can use Barnacle and overclock. I tried z4root and that didn't work but I really didn't expect it to. After doing a lot of reading I see that the D3 one click is the way to go to root GB. Here's my question. Which droid do we tell the program we have? I see several options but nothing for just the D2. Do we use the D2 Global? Any advice is greatly appreciated! :)

Riayoko

Reaction score
I'm very new to the whole rooting process and pretty much everything involved in altering the D2 from factory specs so please bear with me. I just rooted my phone less than a week ago using z4root which was easy as pie. I was loving having more or less full control over what my phone was doing and everything was golden.... until my wife got the GB update on her D2. I went through all kinds of crap trying to get the OTA to push through on my phone but couldn't get it to work. So last night I went ahead, bit the bullet and SBF back to Froyo. Everything seems to work well and the OTA pushed through and I was happy, but a little confused. When the phone booted after the SBF everything looked as though it did before the SBF. All my apps were there, my background pic was the same, and I didn't need to setup anything on the phone. The only difference between the phone before and after the SBF was SU was gone and all the factory bloat was back. I'm just a bit puzzled as to why it wasn't a full wipe like I'd assumed it would be.

Ok, so that's the background info. Now I'm running GB and everything is good but I was root access back so I can use Barnacle and overclock. I tried z4root and that didn't work but I really didn't expect it to. After doing a lot of reading I see that the D3 one click is the way to go to root GB. Here's my question. Which droid do we tell the program we have? I see several options but nothing for just the D2. Do we use the D2 Global? Any advice is greatly appreciated! :)

Got a question did ya wipe the cache and data the factory reset after flashing? I believe I used d2 global but I can't be sure.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Bootleg_Maximus

Reaction score
Got a question did ya wipe the cache and data the factory reset after flashing? I believe I used d2 global but I can't be sure.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Nope, I sure didn't. Of all the threads and info I read about doing the SBF I never saw that as a requirement. At this point I'm really not seeing any reason why not wiping the cache and data should be a problem for me. See any possible issues?

I've also been doing a lot of reading about GB and Barnacle not jiving. This may all be a moot point anyway unless someone can tell me how to get the wireless tether to work without having to pay through the nose for it....