Droid 2 contacts not working (rooted gingerbread)

03gade

Reaction score
n00b here

so I had rooted froyo on my droid 2 (not global) and accordingly i couldnt get the gingerbread update. I backed up my apps with titanium backup, put my photos on my computer and made sure my contacts were backed up I did this How to: Return DROID2 Back to Stock 2.2 to Receive Gingerbread Update - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog got froyo back up and running, dialed *228 pressed 1, got my phone all activated and what not, got the gingerbread update, re rooted with the one click rooter, reinstalled titanium backup, got my apps back, yay.

Now the reason i rooted froyo in the first place was to get rid of bloatware so i went through with titanium to remove it from gingerbread, and in the procesdeleted all my authenticators (myspace, yahoo, flickr, picasa ect.) and now i cant view contacts. I read through this forum, downloaded all the apks again. Now I said I'm a n00b and have no idea how to use ADB so i put all the apks on my sd card, used root explorer to move them to system/apps one by one and changed their permissions so they are all rw_r__r__........

shouldn't that work? my conacts keep crashings still and titanium backup doesnt recognize the authenticators. I could always reflash froyo and do the process over again if i need to but i was wondering if there was a simpler solution. I have GO contacts as a temporary workaround but its ironic the only thing my phone cant do right now is actually call people with ease.

OP

03gade

Reaction score
too impaitent to wait longer for a response...im flashing back to froyo as we speak

louy99

Reaction score
I would have flashed a ROM. Non of them have bloatware and are better IMO.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

juv3

Reaction score
next time use Mybackup pro for backing up mssages, contacts, etc... I only use titanium for apps

Sent from Droid2 Global GB.607 Using Tapatalk

dmoriarty

Reaction score
Getting rid of the Yahoo stuff kills your contacts for some reason. Happened to me too, but reinstalled GB and got rid of everything but yahoo and it works fine.