need help with root please!

miamicanes3

Reaction score
Ok here we go, last week I rooted my droid razr successfully, then I tried to install the black widow rom and didn't back up my current rom therefore I bricked my phone ... now I went through and factory reset it but now when I run the root program it takes two seconds and fails. Please help im stuck, thank you!

OP
M

miamicanes3

Reaction score
when I try to run the motofail_windows a message comes up repeatedly saying 'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command , then it says press any key to continue and when I do it closes the program,I have also tried the doomlord program too and again its done in 2 seconds and then says complete and rebooting then phone shuts off and restarts but nothing is changed and no root! but like I said I had this phone rooted once before so I know it can be done im just stuck right now so any advice would be helpful, Thanks!

Last edited:

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Ok here we go, last week I rooted my droid razr successfully, then I tried to install the black widow rom and didn't back up my current rom therefore I bricked my phone ... now I went through and factory reset it but now when I run the root program it takes two seconds and fails. Please help im stuck, thank you!
What software are you running? Are you on Gingerbread .181 or are you running a leaked version of Ice Cream Sandwich?

OP
M

miamicanes3

Reaction score
Yeah it's back to stock and running fine, ask away I'm here for help ha I'll try to answer the best I can

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
My suggestion would be to download Matt's Razr Utility version 1.6 and use it to Fastboot your phone back to stock. Failing on a ROM install and then running a FDR will not remove root it should have still been there. I think something is going on with your phone and it is a bit confused.

Doing a Fastboot will make sure you are back completely stock with all traces of ROM's or root gone. Then you can use that same utility to root your phone again, just make sure you have it turned on and in charge mode only with USB debugging on. Give that a try and let us know, or wait for further instruction from others just my two cents.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Yeah it's back to stock and running fine, ask away I'm here for help ha I'll try to answer the best I can
I agree with Sydman. Use the utility to return to stock .181. Then, I would wait (a few days) for the official OTA upgrade to ICS. After you have successfully installed ICS if you want to root then you can use the utility to root ICS and install Safestrap or Bootstrap (I prefer Bootstrap but that is a personal preference, maybe not yours) and continue to checkout different roms.

rosso

Reaction score
jpcalhoun said:
I agree with Sydman. Use the utility to return to stock .181. Then, I would wait (a few days) for the official OTA upgrade to ICS. After you have successfully installed ICS if you want to root then you can use the utility to root ICS and install Safestrap or Bootstrap (I prefer Bootstrap but that is a personal preference, maybe not yours) and continue to checkout different roms.

Matt has released a new utility for ics. Its available over on droidrzr. don't have to wait for the OTA...

Ross

Sent from my RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Matt has released a new utility for ics. Its available over on droidrzr. don't have to wait for the OTA...

Ross

Sent from my RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Yeah but it appears his phone has something out of wack and a fastboot would be better for him for starters and the 1.71 utility does not have that option.