AOKP install HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!

OP
D

d1rtd1ver1

Reaction score
Bout tp just take it to verizon and ***** to them to get it updated cause its back to stock everything.

OP
D

d1rtd1ver1

Reaction score
Ok i will. Will vw be able to tell i once rooted it?

OP
D

d1rtd1ver1

Reaction score
ok fastboot to 181 is working as we speak so as long as it doesnt error or i mess up

leftspin

Reaction score
ok fastboot to 181 is working as we speak so as long as it doesnt error or i mess up

It shouldn't give you an error now that it's started up, and there's not much you could do to mess it up at this point either haha

OP
D

d1rtd1ver1

Reaction score
ok so it rebooted and looks the same but i expected that. redownloading the update to try it. if it fails, idk anymore. if i end up using the 1.7 tool, to i pick the flash 6.14 option or 6.16 or the both in that order? whats the difference between the two. i kinda want the real stock ics tho so i hope this works.

leftspin

Reaction score
ok so it rebooted and looks the same but i expected that. redownloading the update to try it. if it fails, idk anymore. if i end up using the 1.7 tool, to i pick the flash 6.14 option or 6.16 or the both in that order? whats the difference between the two. i kinda want the real stock ics tho so i hope this works.

Yeah, .181 is an incremental GB build so it wouldn't make much of a difference. The 1.7 utility won't just flash you straight to ICS, so if the OTA still doesn't work and you decide to sideload the update yourself you should run option 1 of the 1.7 utility with the phone in AP Fastboot mode and then follow the instructions in this thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr/213197-offical-ota-zip-installation-guide-droid-razr-razr-maxx.html

Also, as far as the real stock ICS is concerned, if that's what you want then your best bet will be to flash an AOSP ROM after taking the update (unless you're actually referring to MotoBlur ICS).

OP
D

d1rtd1ver1

Reaction score
Yeah, .181 is an incremental GB build so it wouldn't make much of a difference. The 1.7 utility won't just flash you straight to ICS, so if the OTA still doesn't work and you decide to sideload the update yourself you should run option 1 of the 1.7 utility with the phone in AP Fastboot mode and then follow the instructions in this thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr/213197-offical-ota-zip-installation-guide-droid-razr-razr-maxx.html

Also, as far as the real stock ICS is concerned, if that's what you want then your best bet will be to flash an AOSP ROM after taking the update (unless you're actually referring to MotoBlur ICS).

all i really want is the ics experience like aokp without all the bugs and stuff that doesnt work right. if i can get stock to work, then unless there is some badass rom that is too good to pass up ill probably leave it on the stock ics as long as it has those awesome new features! thats really it. this crap is getting stupidly compllicated just to have a decent copy of ics

leftspin

Reaction score
all i really want is the ics experience like aokp without all the bugs and stuff that doesnt work right. if i can get stock to work, then unless there is some badass rom that is too good to pass up ill probably leave it on the stock ics as long as it has those awesome new features! thats really it. this crap is getting stupidly compllicated just to have a decent copy of ics

Well, to be fair, the reason it was complicated was really because of the stuff you did (rooting, safestrap). That's kinda the price you pay when you start hacking your device unfortunately.

OP
D

d1rtd1ver1

Reaction score
Well, to be fair, the reason it was complicated was really because of the stuff you did (rooting, safestrap). That's kinda the price you pay when you start hacking your device unfortunately.

true at least i learned how to do it. i believe ics worked. yeah it did. now im gonna go ahead and safestrap, root, and i guess all i need to know is what rom do u reccomend or at least which one is working, stable, and has the least bugs. aokp b21 build sucked cause it was buggy. i know there are aokp roms tho that require 6.16 to flash so maybe ill try one of those. thanks again and i think i might be able to leave you alone lol.

leftspin

Reaction score
true at least i learned how to do it. i believe ics worked. yeah it did. now im gonna go ahead and safestrap, root, and i guess all i need to know is what rom do u reccomend or at least which one is working, stable, and has the least bugs. aokp b21 build sucked cause it was buggy. i know there are aokp roms tho that require 6.16 to flash so maybe ill try one of those. thanks again and i think i might be able to leave you alone lol.

Remember to root and install busybox before you Safestrap! As far as ROMs go, I'd recommend KOA (either CM9 or AOKP) which can be found over at the droidrzr.com forums or Liquid Smooth ICS which can be found on the rootzwiki Droid Razr forum

OP
D

d1rtd1ver1

Reaction score
well i spoke too fast cause safestrap keeps saying it stopped unfortunately....... ill go aheead and try to root

OP
D

d1rtd1ver1

Reaction score
option 3 root ics fails. working on installing the drivers again to see if it will talk to the phone cause i believe thats the issue. had that before.

leftspin

Reaction score
Remember that you have to be rooted for safestrap to work or it will FC every time you open it. Also, to install safestrap recovery, you will need busybox installed (if rooting doesn't do that automatically, install busybox from the market, open the app and hit install).

If the utility won't recognize the device it is most likely a driver issue