Please help, I need to unroot my RAZR> I'm completely new to this stuff...

Thefrisbee

Reaction score
I managed to root my phone about a week ago, but now I'm needing to restore it back to factory settings. Can someone please help me with this? I'm not sure where to start.

bullswife98

Reaction score
Not sure one has been made yet,which is why I'm not rooting it when I get mine, at least not till one has been developed and proven to work perfectly. I would try looking in xda forums to locate the person who developed the hack.

SENT FROM MY OG DROID ROOTED AND SUPERCHARGED!

LogInName

Reaction score
This video might help.

[video=youtube;iLuq7H-zu4k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLuq7H-zu4k&feature=related[/video]

OP
T

Thefrisbee

Reaction score
So, the video above is a little confusing. Is this basically the same thing that I could do by downloading rootexplorer app and deleting superuser on my phone itself?

2Ceedz

Reaction score
If the video is confusing, try z4 root, a user here confirmed it working to remove root. :)

OP
T

Thefrisbee

Reaction score
If the video is confusing, try z4 root, a user here confirmed it working to remove root. :)

Do I need to stick this on the apps level folder of my phone via the usb then open it from there?

2Ceedz

Reaction score
Do I need to stick this on the apps level folder of my phone via the usb then open it from there?

Havent used it yet....but from screenshots looks likes its an .apk that you install like other apps.

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
What process did you use to root? The process I used has an unroot method that's done on your computer takes all of 3 minutes.

http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/topic/9325-[How-To]-Root-/-Unroot-Droid-Razr
[How-To] Root / Unroot Droid Razr

gatesjunior

Reaction score
What process did you use to root? The process I used has an unroot method that's done on your computer takes all of 3 minutes.

[How-To] Root / Unroot Droid Razr - RootzWiki[How-To]-Root-/-Unroot-Droid-Razr
[How-To] Root / Unroot Droid Razr

Those are all batch and script related solutions.. This is an apk install solution done right on the phone. It doesn't matter which method you used, it will remove all items related to your phone ever being rooted. Works on Froyo, Gingerbread and has been already validated on Ice Cream.