Need Help with backing up current rom

dkp.730

Reaction score
umm im new to this and i was looking on the site to see if there was already a post to help me but i couldnt find one.... so i decided to post to see if i could get this fixed. i rooted my droid and then i downloaded rom manager and then when i pressed the backup current rom button it reboots itself only to get stuck on the motorola sign. i havent changed the rom since i have rooted so i am on a 2.1 rooted rom that is currently working i just wanted it backed up cause i dont wanna screw up my phone.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Clockwork Recovery and SpRecovery have been acting weird with Rom Manager for a week or so. A common cure (and I've used it about 3 times already) is to open Rom Manage and flash alternate recovery (sprecovery) and then after that has completed, reflash Clockwork Recovery. Leave it that way if you want to use Clockwork to back up your rom.

Good luck.

OP
D

dkp.730

Reaction score
thank you for that i believe that did the trick :) for some reason i guess the rom manager one is messing up because it wouldnt even let me in the menu when i had its recovery file on but thanks again