problem with backing uo current rom using rom manager

hamitup

Reaction score
Anyone out here having a problem with backing up their current rom using rom managaer. I am able to go into recovery and do a backup that way. I am not able to touch "backup current rom" in rom manager and reboot into backing the rom. When i click "ok" to do so it does nothing. Any suggestions. i missed saying im using Cyanogen mod 6.0-rc2.

Boostjunky

Reaction score
Anyone out here having a problem with backing up their current rom using rom managaer. I am able to go into recovery and do a backup that way. I am not able to touch "backup current rom" in rom manager and reboot into backing the rom. When i click "ok" to do so it does nothing. Any suggestions. i missed saying im using Cyanogen mod 6.0-rc2.

Are you renaming the file when trying from ROM Manager? Likewise, when you back up your ROMs manually, are you later going in and changing the backup file name?

The only time I've had issues with backing up from ROM manager was when I was trying to change the file name in it's entirety. If you're trying to give it a custom name, you MUST leave the date and time stamp in the name, and it must be the suffix of your file name.

Example: You decide to back up CM6 RC2 @ 8:40 A.M., on August 12, 2010.

The file name should look something like this.

CM6_RC2_2010-08-12-08.40.33

Again, this is just an example, and you can make the name of the file whatever you want. Just make sure you put your custom name at the beginning, and DO NOT change the date/time stamp at all.

And if you've been making backups within recovery, then later going in and changing the file name to your liking (and removing the date/time stamp), your backups are no longer functional. You'll have to go into the properties of the backup file, see when you made the backup (year, month, date, time [hours.mins.secs.]}, and rename the file appropriately.

Hope this helps!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Flash Clockwork and then flash sprecovery and then flash clockwork again. That normally corrects any issues your having with clockwork. You may also try going to one of the older clockwork versions. When I use clockwork, I use the 2.0.1.3 version. It seems to a really good one for me. YMMV!!

azpilot

Reaction score
Flash Clockwork and then flash sprecovery and then flash clockwork again. That normally corrects any issues your having with clockwork. You may also try going to one of the older clockwork versions. When I use clockwork, I use the 2.0.1.3 version. It seems to a really good one for me. YMMV!!

^ +1 clockwork has never let me down yet following this advice.

cartisdm

Reaction score

Hey! Sorry to revive and old thread here, but my friend has a Droid X and is experiencing a similar problem. I think he has a problem with his ClockworkMod because it's acting funny and doesn't allow things like manually creating backups or using any of the features on the ROM manager.

How do I flash a new ClockworkMod to his X? (I have an Incredible so I don't want to screw up his phone)

johnny9374

Reaction score
i just did a google search and found this thread i never keep the date on a backup just rename to whatever rom i was having trouble making backups since i flashed the leak update all i did was flash clockworkmod recovery now it works fine

misaac

Reaction score
First off, thank you for this thread. Made rooting my phone very easy and I appreciate it.

I am having an issue and hoping someone can help me out. I rooted my Fascinate today, and everything went flawlessly. I am now trying to use ROM Manager to make a backup of my current ROM. I leave the name at whatever it defaults to. The phone then reboots and comes up to the recovery screen and says:

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to seek in /cache/update.zip (Invalid argument)
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted

duckydude

Reaction score
Same issue as above

Exact same issue:

E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted

Any help?

duckydude

Reaction score
Issue corrected

Thanks for the post, but I had already read through it before posting my issue here. I was able to get CWM flashed through Odin though. The workaround was to use an older version of Odin. Worked on the first try!

nataSofCols

Reaction score

I know this is an old thread, but I joined just so I could let others who run into this issue know the fix (at least for me). The above worked for me. I'm running the latest version of clockwork (5.0.2.2) and I went from that to ra recovery and then back to clockwork and now I'm finally able to run a backup... and I just wanted to get another and into the sentence and :happy:

Thanks for the fix BayouFlyFisher!

marozsas

Reaction score
Hi !

I wanted to update my Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000B when I read I need to install the ClockWork Recovery mode using Odin. In fact, looks like this is a pre-requisite to run "Backup the current Rom" option of RomManager, otherwise I get that message; "E:failed to verify whole-file signature"; "E:signature verification failed"; "Installation aborted"...as I read in this thread.

Well, now I am in trouble !

I put the phone in download mode, and start the flashing the CMRecovery.tar. The process completed successfully. The Odin status is a big green PASS!.

The problem is now the phone is in a loop displaying Samsung in "normal" font and then Galaxy S Logo.

What I can do to get the phone working again ?
What I did wrong ? The CMRecovery.tar is not the right one to my phone ?

Please, tell me I did not brick my phone !
Any help is appreciated.