Need guidance with droidmod

ruinah

Reaction score
I rooted a while ago (mainly to get wireless tether). I used DMupdater in the market so it got me to Sholesmod, also called Droidmod 164 version 1.0. It's a 2.01 rom and I've ben stable ever since I did that. I haven't had the need to do much else but after reading about Froyo and what it has to offer I want to give it a whirl. It seems Droidmod is a lost cause at this point but since I rooted using that I am sort of stuck in my mind on how to go about getting off of it. I suppose I could un-root and go backwards and re-root using a different method but I was wondering could I use something like Rom Manager (free version) to get up to Bugless Beast 0.4? What would be involved in doing that? It looks like a step by step easy way to do it but I've read about custom kernels, etc so I am a little unsure about it. Any suggesitons you guys can provide would be appreciated. Thanks. :motdroidvert:

brando56894

Reaction score
All you have to do is download rom manager and go from there, no need to unroot. If youre willing to pony up $4 for rom manager here is the simplest process for you

1. download/buy rom manager
2. open it up and flash clockworkmod recovery
3. select the rom you want to download (a lot of custom rom developers have froyo rom, i personally suggest Sapphire v1 which is under cvpcs in rom manager)
4. check the boxes that say "backup current rom" and "wipe data and cache"
5. hit ok and it will reboot into recovery, backup your stuff, do a factory reset and then install your desired rom.
6. if you did install froyo let the phone sit there unused for about 15-30 minutes so it can automatically restore you apps as fast as possible
7. install setcpu and a custom kernel if you like

OP
ruinah

ruinah

Reaction score
Brando56894, thanks for your help. I am going to sound like the Staples commercial but "That was Easy." It's already done and it's loading my apps down. Truly amazed with this device sometimes and the support from the community.

brando56894

Reaction score
Glad I could help :) Yea it amazed me at how easy it was to switch roms, kernels and themes. Youll run into some stability issues but you just have to find what works best for your droid.