New guy - $mitty

$mitty

Reaction score
I hope I'm not stepping on the toes of whoever has the username 'Smitty' that was unavailable to me! :)

I'm a Moto Droid user and have had one since the week it launched. It's my first smartphone and I rooted with SholesMod a couple months ago (before they became DroidMod). I'm running the 2.0.5 version of SMUpdater. I haven't made the plunge into the new DroidMod b/c I've been so happy with 2.0.5's stability/speed and I love the smoked glass theme it came with. Like most of you in here though, I'm getting the itch to start personalizing even more b/c DroidMod utilizes Metamorph to customize everything (which I'm not familiar with yet). I'm strictly a user and have no development skills whatsoever. Looking forward to discovering the great stuff spread throughout this forum!

StupidGenius

Reaction score
I would say welcome to your new addiction, but apparently you've been a hardcore addict for a while now.:)

Well, welcome to the forum at least!!!

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums you come to the right place to learn about the droid

OP
$mitty

$mitty

Reaction score
Thanks!

Anyone else running SholesMod or DroidMod? I'm still fairly new to all of this and haven't made the move to DM b/c it sounds like there's more to learn compared to SM, which pretty much did it all for you but only gave 2 theme options - default and smoked glass.

Assuming I can figure it out, I love the idea of using Metamorph to pretty much change any and everything, which is why I need to do some searching and reading in this forum to catch up. Since I'm still running SM, can I use Metamorph to completely change my theme, or do I need to get DM or something similar?

OP
$mitty

$mitty

Reaction score
Any tips on using Metamorph? I just upgraded from SholesMod to DroidMod and I'm about the throw my phone out the window b/c Metamorph is pissing my off. Is there no way to remove a theme once you apply it???