Need guidance on which model

Big Chil

Reaction score
Hi all - I am looking for guidance on which model would be most suitable for me. Have been Blackberry user but need bigger screen. I use phone in my business, texting, email, Outlook data base, etc. I am used to hard keys and worry about efficiency of virtual keyboard. Which is recommended as a Verizon user? Thanks.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello welcome to the community and if you want a keyboard physical/virtual then i would go with a D2. I can tell you when I got my D2 i didnt think i could sacrifice my physical keyboard but now that i am better with the virtual i wish i would have picked up the X instead of the 2. The X has a better camera and has the largest screen of all. Just saying if you think you cant go without the keyboard go with the 2 but if you think you will eventually be better with the all touchscreen then i would go ahead and get the X. The 2 is also a lil smaller overall and will fit comfortably in jeans pockets. The 2 is also a little better if you have larger fingers because of the physical keyboard but if thats not a problem then might would look towards the X.

If you want to go with the latest and greatest then i might would look for the droid bionic or htc thunderbolt when they are released.

All depends on what you think will be most comfortable for you in the end tho

OP
B

Big Chil

Reaction score
Thanks for prompt reply. It seemed as these would be my best choices. I'm willing to learn to use the virtual version, especially since it seems one can slide across the keys to add accuracy. It's worth a try. Verizon gives you a trial, so why not?

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its not a problem and if your choosing between the 2 and the X I would def say a couple day test run with the X wouldn't be a bad idea at all. If your referring to Swype when you say slide across the screen to diff letters... I personally like Swype but I am running a custom ROM and I like the one with this a tad bit better.

Sent from my Liberated D2

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As a prior Blackberry and Palm 750 user, I've been using physical keyboards for about 10 years now. The Droid 1 was an easy transition for me. But it looks like my next upgrade will be to a phone without a physical keyboard. I've been forcing myself to use the virtual keyboard and it's getting more and more comfortable everyday.

My advice is to look at the Droid X and the soon to be released Thunderbolt.

Good luck.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum! I just say try them all out. get a hands on

Swype with an Aloha from Hawaii

Medicineman

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. I have the first droid with the slide keyboard. But I use the onscreen keyboard more because of the predictive text and it is just faster to type. Best of luck in your endeavers you will enjoy the droid.