Outlook Tasks - need guidance

SESchild

Reaction score
I bought my Moto Droid in Dec '09 and love the phone. There's only one drawback that bugs me.....I can't figure out how to get it to sync with Outlook tasks. I figured out how to sync email and Outlook calendar and contacts, but not tasks (or notes). I am heavily reliant on Outlook tasks for my business. I don't want a Blackberry and I love the Droid, so I'm hoping to find a relatively painless way to sync my Outlook tasks with my Droid. I did a lot of searching, and gysyncit and Companionlink seem to keep popping up. But I can't find much in the way of specific reviews for either. I did see one comment that Companionlink will sync tasks as an all day event, which defeats my purpose for using tasks, so that won't work. I would be tremendously appreciative if someone could offer some guidance on a good way to solve this dilemma. By the way, otherwise, this phone is fantastic!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
This the the Reason I use Touchdown, It does everything but notes (and that is being worked on).

OP
S

SESchild

Reaction score
Thank you, Backnblack, I haven't come across this one yet. It looks like a great solution for a fair price ($20). But it seems that it only works with exchange servers, which I don't have. Do you know if it works without an exchange server? If not, any other suggestions? Thanks again.

clcto

Supporting Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.companionlink.com
I'd give CompanionLink a try. The trial is free, and you can then see exactly how it works. Each person is unique in how they use Outlook Tasks, so it may be quicker just to give a try.

CompanionLink for Google tasks to Google Calendar as "untimed" events on the due date. That is because Google lacks a Task API (vote for them to add it by clicking the star on this page), and also the Droid lacks a Task App.

CompanionLink has a different product that synchronizes to Droid directly. In this case, the lack of Google capabilities doesn't matter. CompanionLink offers Tasks as a part of the App and they work a lot like Outlook Tasks.

Info on both solutions. 2 ways to sync with Android-based phones

Wayland Bruns, CTO
CompanionLink Software, Inc.
www.companionlink.com

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Thank you, Backnblack, I haven't come across this one yet. It looks like a great solution for a fair price ($20). But it seems that it only works with exchange servers, which I don't have. Do you know if it works without an exchange server? If not, any other suggestions? Thanks again.

Not sure, It has a 5 Day Unlimited Trial you can try, Before you have to pay for it.