DROID "Newbie" already missing my Blackberry...

RedDeeRealtor

Reaction score
I got a DROID X2 yesterday after being a Blackberry user for over 2 years. Since there's no real keyboard on this model, the "virtual" one is about to get the best of me. I tremble and get very frustrated trying to use my pointer finger to hit the right keys to type. I'm a pretty meticulous typist, so misspelling 95% of the words I'm trying to type is not sitting well with me. Several co-workers have suggested SWYPE, but most of my words don't even show up on the pop-up list!

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Welcome to the forum, i personally prefer SwiftKey Keyboard App, it has the best prediction engine i found and it learns the way you type. If you still find this frustrating check the Droid Pro, it has a keyboard that is similar to the BB or the D3 that has a physical slide out keyboard.

im222

Reaction score
Swype is the answer and practice the key, give it time you'll get used to it and be faster than you were previously in no time.

Also remember to add words to Swype when you need to and adjust accuracy vs speed settings..

Sent from my HTC Desire using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF!!

Even I have to admit I was a way better typer when I had my bb curve. But like suggested try out some of the alternative keyboards and hopefully you can find something that is right for you!

Sent From a Tear in the Space/Time Continuum...