Need assistance removing a second gmail account

yelloc

Reaction score
I have already gone to Accounts and clicked on Remove Account - and I get a message saying, "Do you really want to delete this account? Deleting it will also delete all of its messages, contacts, and other data from the phone. Proceed? And I clicked "Remove," and then I get a message, "This account is required by some applications. You can only delete it by resetting the phone to factory defaults (which deletes all your personal data). You do that in the Setting application, under About phone. I'm willing to reset and start over with the personal data -- but when I go to About Phone and look under each option I see NOTHING. Can someone offer some guidance.

Even when I have my gmail address of choice set as primary -- when I e-mail someone they get it from my other address. I just want it off the phone.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Go to Settings->Privacy-> Factory data reset

sajello

Reaction score
Factory reset

Does this mean that pictures, songs, apps etc. that are downloaded onto the phone willl be lost? I am a definite newbie, and have the same problem. How can i save stuff on the phone like that if i reset it?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Does this mean that pictures, songs, apps etc. that are downloaded onto the phone willl be lost? I am a definite newbie, and have the same problem. How can i save stuff on the phone like that if i reset it?

Just the device returns to out of box new. Nothing on the sdcard is touched.

ChugIt

Reaction score
Pictures, songs, videos and stuff are on your SD and will not be touched by a factory reset. Your apps should be synced with your Gmail account and will restore upon reset completing. There HAS been a few issues with SOME apps not restoring for whatever reason(s) though. I recommend a free Program called Share My Apps and email yourself a list of your apps (links included) in case you have issues with any restoring. This way you can open the email and click the market links and get em all right back (whichever, if any, do not restore).

sajello

Reaction score
Thanks guys I appreciate the help.

I will download the app and reset the phone! Thanks again.