Google Account password change

offroadace

Reaction score
How do you do this on the DInc?
There doesn't appear to be any menu or menu option to allow for a password change to be able to re-sync an account. Can this be done without removing the account?

Well, I have change the account password via computer, but there is no way to change the account password on the phone.

What my question is (as it still is failing now that I have changed more account passwords), how do I change the account password for the account you have set on the phone to be able to sync.
You connect to your account and you set the password on the phone to be able to log into the account.
How to change the password defined on the phone for the account to be able to allow the phone to access and log into your account.

Are these passwords stored somewhere on the phone?

Now I get the 'Please type the characters you see in the picture:' message. I type the text and it continues to fail, most likely becvause the passwords do not match.

Also, this is happening on the main GMAIL account and the ONLY way to remove that account is to reset the phone.
Is there a menu option I am missing for this?

Seems archaic not to have the option to change the password within the Accounts area of the options.

ORA.

OP
offroadace

offroadace

Reaction score
Also, I am using multiple GMAIL accounts.

fjabjr

Reaction score
bumping this because I have the same question... how do you change the password on the phone without having to reset the phone????

dvsgod

Reaction score
anybody that picks up my phone can get on the market place and buy an app becuase my card is instantly available for use with google checkout. I would really like to password protect the checkout before asking wich card i would like to use. I have an app blocker to password the whole marketplace, but i find that unneccesary. paypal password restricts, but hardly any apps give that option on purchase. is there a way to change this or am i going to have to deal with it?

OP
offroadace

offroadace

Reaction score
Figured it out.
Since having multiple GMAIL accounts connected you can workaround the messages stated above.

Operations;
Power Off your phone
Change your GMAIL account password from your GMAIL account in your favorite browser
Power On your phone
Let it run its startup operations
The message will appear for failed account login attempt and ask for the password
Set the new password

swingaz1

Reaction score
so i was having the same problem, but i could not get the new password button to appear. i kept seeing the curly letters, which, by the way, are very difficult to read. found a solution elsewhere and thought to share it here:

go to this web site:

https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

and enter your new password and the curly letters again.

i powered down my phone and turned it back on.

now, the notification at the top said it couldn't sync my account, so i clicked it, and then, instead of asking me for the curly letters, it asked me for the password.

hope that helps. it was driving me insane!