Resetting to factory defaults

somorgannsays

Reaction score
If I want to delete my gmail account from my Droid2 it tells me "This account is required by some applications. You can only remove it by resetting the phone to factory defaults (which deletes all your personal data). You do that in the Settings application, under Privacy"

My question is, if I choose to delete the account from the phone and reset to factory defaults, will I lose personal things such as contacts, pictures, videos, etc.?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Pictures and videos are stored on your sd card so they will be fine. As for contacts they should be stored by google or backup assistant. You will however lose your apps.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
S

somorgannsays

Reaction score
When you say "should be" does that mean it was automatically saved so that if I reset I won't lose them?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well the should be was more for google than backup assistant. I have done several factory data resets and only the most recent one had google restoring my contacts. What you could do is go in to contacts and hit the menu key and then select more and then import/export and export contacts to sd. Now before you get in to it do you have another gmail acct to have tied to your phone? If so try syncing that one and then see if you can remove the first one. I'm not to sure about whether that would work or not but its worth a shot cause its easier than a factory reset.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

ebruot

Reaction score
You can't change the default account without the factory reset. Unless you do as the previous post says about exporting your contacts you will lose your google contacts unless all the contacts in your new gmail account are the same as your existing account because when the new gmail account syncs with google it is going to pull the contacts in from that account.