Navi ="Searching for GPS"

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
For anyone that has tried everything and still find their GPS says, "searching for GPS." There is a fix. I tried everything all every single forum including what was already posted here. This is the only fix I found that works.

HERE IS HOW TO FIX, "SEARCHING FOR GPS." You'll have to be rooted to do this.

Credit goes to: kejar31 over at XDA-Developers.
Requirements: You'll have to be rooted.

Download the file: ImproveGPSlock.zip on one of those pages by that user.
Download Quick Boot from Android Market, then boot into recovery.
Download the file: ImproveGPSlock.zip and place it on your SD card for your phone in the root folder(root folder means in no folder)
Then reboot into recovery, you see the file in your sd card by clicking the

"install zip from sdcard".

Install that file, reboot your phone and your navigation will be working instantly.

Here's the link to that page: [MOD][GPS] Better GPS from Ziggy471[MOD] - Page 2 - xda-developers

dancedroid
All that does is change the gps.conf file from NTP_SERVER=north-america.pool.ntp.org to NTP_SERVER=us.pool.ntp.org which almost all roms already have in them. The GPS.conf fix hasn't resolved any issues for me.

Smartypants

Reaction score
The Manage A-GPS fix worked great for my Fascinate, after Froyo killed GPS 18 hours ago. Thank you very much. Not for nothin', but I waited six months for Froyo after being promised "very soon" by the sales person. Was it worth the wait or will I root? The jury is still out...

a320ca

Reaction score
taken from another post on these boards:

Download GPS Status. Press menu and then select tools. Select Manage A-GPS state. Press "Reset". Go back to Manage A-GPS state and click "Download".

This worked great for me..

Unfortunately it did not work for me :(

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Be sure to wait after "Download" until you get a solid lock and the screen shows your Lat/Lon. It can take several minutes after you select "Download".

Hateslinger

Reaction score
I manually did that with root explorer and edited the text file. That didn't work for me. I what you say is true then why did installing the file work for me?

Sent from my rooted Thunderbolt, VirusROM AirborneTB

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I manually did that with root explorer and edited the text file. That didn't work for me. I what you say is true then why did installing the file work for me?

Sent from my rooted Thunderbolt, VirusROM AirborneTB

Placebo affect. Open up the zip and you'll see only the Gps.conf file. After a reboot I get Gps lock quickly.

badmeat

Reaction score
taken from another post on these boards:

Download GPS Status. Press menu and then select tools. Select Manage A-GPS state. Press "Reset". Go back to Manage A-GPS state and click "Download".

This worked great for me..

Unfortunately it did not work for me :(

Be sure to wait after "Download" until you get a solid lock and the screen shows your Lat/Lon. It can take several minutes after you select "Download".

I let it sit for 10 minutes with the screen on. It did not lock.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Well it's starting to sound like the leaked update didn't live up to its promise.

It has been working for me but I won't be surprised if doesn't when I need it most.

It seems like it's not working for so many.

Beardface

Reaction score
Well it's starting to sound like the leaked update didn't live up to its promise.

It has been working for me but I won't be surprised if doesn't when I need it most.

It seems like it's not working for so many.

Probably why its still only a 'leak' and not an official build that we can update.zip

Likely some kinks to work out. My biggest issue was the 3G/4G handoff, and it seems to have worked for that. Although, I won't be able to test it out for a while... Stupid Wilmington getting LTE and not Raleigh...

Went and downloaded LTE on/off and set it for CDMA, and battery life is much improved. Amazing how good it can be when its not always searching for something that isn't there....