Navi ="Searching for GPS"

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
taken from another post on these boards:

Download GPS Status. Press menu and then select tools. Select Manage A-GPS state. Press "Reset". Go back to Manage A-GPS state and click "Download".

This worked great for me..
Thank you BTW.

No problem.. I guess this is not working for everyone... but there should be a sticky for GPS... seems to be an issue... hopefully the new update will address this.. i dunno if its out yet, cuz im out of the country and have no service..

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well, it worked, but now my Navigation force closes when I hit "Driving Directions". Anyone else experiencing this?

lazarus2297

Reaction score
taken from another post on these boards:

Download GPS Status. Press menu and then select tools. Select Manage A-GPS state. Press "Reset". Go back to Manage A-GPS state and click "Download".

This worked great for me..
Thank you BTW.

No problem.. I guess this is not working for everyone... but there should be a sticky for GPS... seems to be an issue... hopefully the new update will address this.. i dunno if its out yet, cuz im out of the country and have no service..

Well I did the signed update as I am not rooted at the moment and my gps has not improved one bit... I tried lots of times in different areas inside, outside it never located me once and still hasn't so I hope they get this fixed or replace my phone one although I really don't think that is the problem

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Weird....I think I'm going to wipe and flash a stock ROM with the new RUU. See what happens. I won't be able to test it until tomorrow though.

chicana.angelgirl

Reaction score
A coworker had this issue. We turned off 4g and tried and it worked. We turned 4g back on and issue was fixed.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I was thinking of flashing back to stock as well. Doubt it is your phone as a lot of us have the same issue.

MrKleen

Reaction score
But I wonder why I am not having the issues that you are.

Everything is working very well for me.

Are you guys rooted stock or are you running a custom rom? I am on Das Bamf myself.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Ok so today I tried something new for gps I was wondering if any other programs could find me so I tried the vz nav maps program and turned on gps standalone and VZW gps services and the VZW app found me instantly so tried Google maps and it found me too so cleared data in Google maps and turned off VZW gps services and so far it has found me 100% of the time since.. with just standalone gps on so that's good but I don't know if that has anything to do with the new leaked RUU file that I installed or not...

Beardface

Reaction score
See... I have no problem with the GPS. I will turn on Google Maps and get an immediate lock to the correct position. My problem comes when I go to Google Nav, and for some reason, it just loses the GPS feed sometimes. And its not like this happens all the time. Sometimes its dead on. Other times, it can take 2-5 minutes for Navigation to start.

what25

Reaction score
I just checked over on XDA and a possible issue is your gps config file. It seems as though people having issues were the ones that the file was set to the "north.america.pool" line instead of "us.pool".

The gps.conf file can be found in the system/etc folder. To make the change you will need an app like Root Explorer where you can change the file from read only to read/write. Then long press the gps config file and choose open with text editor. Then change the north.America to us. Then save...

You can check the file to see where it is set with Astro...

Hope this helps.

I tried this setup and it went from locking the gps from 4 minutes to about 35 seconds. Still a time sucker but much better. I kinda miss my Nexus1 because of this. From cold assisted start, it would lock in ~7 seconds.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
But I wonder why I am not having the issues that you are.

Everything is working very well for me.

Are you guys rooted stock or are you running a custom rom? I am on Das Bamf myself.
I'm on virusrom with the latest radio installed. GPS is my only issue. I have a solid 4G connection since the cities around me are all 4G.

Hateslinger

Reaction score
How to fix Searching for GPS

For anyone that has tried everything and still find their GPS says, "searching for GPS." There is a fix. I tried everything all every single forum including what was already posted here. This is the only fix I found that works.

HERE IS HOW TO FIX, "SEARCHING FOR GPS." You'll have to be rooted to do this.

Credit goes to: kejar31 over at XDA-Developers.
Requirements: You'll have to be rooted.

Download the file: ImproveGPSlock.zip on one of those pages by that user.
Download Quick Boot from Android Market, then boot into recovery.
Download the file: ImproveGPSlock.zip and place it on your SD card for your phone in the root folder(root folder means in no folder)
Then reboot into recovery, you see the file in your sd card by clicking the

"install zip from sdcard".

Install that file, reboot your phone and your navigation will be working instantly.

Here's the link to that page: [MOD][GPS] Better GPS from Ziggy471[MOD] - Page 2 - xda-developers

dancedroid