National Hoodie Day

bblackburn03

Reaction score
So, yesterday while on break at work a friend told me it was National Coffee Day. I decided that I wanted to create a day to recognize an item that I like, after some consideration I decided on the Hoodie, which is one of the most versatile and greatest pieces of clothing ever invented.

After discussing a good time frame for National Hoodie Day with my friend, we decided on October 23rd. Therefore, October 23rd 2010 will be the first annual National Hoodie Day. I think it would be pretty cool if this took off, I mean we have “Talk Like a Pirate Day” and “National Coffee Day” so I feel like this could totally work. I’ve created a Facebook fan page to help spread the work, and I would greatly appreciate it if anyone would help spread the word via liking the page or by word of mouth.

You can find the page on facebook by clicking this link or searching facebook for National Hoodie Day. And remember, everone looks good in a Hoodie, so get out there and let it be known that October 23rd is National Hoodie Day!

Oh, and enjoy my quick sketch of a hoodie!

Later,
Brad

OP
B

bblackburn03

Reaction score
Yeah, I've seen those. They are definitely interesting, but not my style.

I think my favorite hoodie that own is one with a sun on it that says "The sun is trying to kill me."

To be honest i'm shocked how slowly this is taking off, facebook is usually extremely viral. A lot of people wear hoodies too so I figured that would make it even more potent. Oh well, with time it will get there.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Texting to family and friends... cool to be in on the grass roots of a cool idea. I don't wear them too often, but my wife does (and she's cute when she does to!).

OP
B

bblackburn03

Reaction score
Thanks, Desso! It would be really cool if in five years this was a well known thing. Just knowing that we were on the forefront of getting the idea spread would be awesome, knowing that the voice of just a few got one little idea across the whole nation.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its gonna be hard for me to wear a hoodie in Texas in October. Couldn't you have done it in January? :D

dino98

Reaction score
I'm on board, posted it on my wall. My friends should jump on this

OP
B

bblackburn03

Reaction score
Brad, first off, awesome name -- your parents obviously picked the best name ever! That being said, I wanted a day that was a day that didn't require people a little north of you to have to wear a coat over their hoodie. I also feel that your average temp on the 23rd would be under 70, so while is definitely isn't pure hoodie weather, a zip up hoodie as a jacket is still considerable!

OP
B

bblackburn03

Reaction score
Dino, thanks for the support man! We're slowly growing it seems to come in little spurts though, which is weird. Earlier this morning it actually jumped like 5-6 people within 30 minutes, then didn't do much of anything for the rest of the day. Since I'm in marketing it is logical, because when when people wake up in the morning they typically check their E-mails. I guess they also check their facebooks as well. If I wanted to spend money on this (I'm too frugal to do that) I could probably get the fan count high quickly.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just posted to my local car enthusiast forum. Should get some hits there. My wife and I are in. I think she actually invented the hoodie though! :)

P.S. as you can see I'm wearing one in my xbox360 pic haha

OP
B

bblackburn03

Reaction score
Guidot, awesome man! I need to get my 360 fixed, I got the red ring about 2-3 months ago but haven't taken any action to fix it yet. I forgot my MS Live login so I forgot all about it, I need to recover that information! I miss Mass Effect 2, haha.

--EDIT--
Oh, and is the new Halo any good? My brother (who is in Basic Training) was asking me, but since my Xbox is down I am not sure...

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Its gonna be hard for me to wear a hoodie in Texas in October. Couldn't you have done it in January? :D

lol i'm with you on this one being in Florida. Our hoodies don't usually come out till the end of December or early January.

January is usually our coldest month.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guidot, awesome man! I need to get my 360 fixed, I got the red ring about 2-3 months ago but haven't taken any action to fix it yet. I forgot my MS Live login so I forgot all about it, I need to recover that information! I miss Mass Effect 2, haha.

--EDIT--
Oh, and is the new Halo any good? My brother (who is in Basic Training) was asking me, but since my Xbox is down I am not sure...

Haven't played the new halo but 2 of my friends have it and they can't tear away from it!

-Droid Does