My Phone Was Stolen

star007

Reaction score
Never brought my phone to the gym floor but was expecting an important call. Within the hr I called Verizon and also the police. Verizon said they did something so it would show to be a stolen phone and could not activate it. Did I wait too long to notify Verizon? Believe it or not I don't do anything of any importance on the phone and haven't had any negative repercussions so I think everything is ok. I activated an old phone. Should I do anything other than learn a lesson from this experience? Thanks in advance, G

Games24X7

Reaction score
I also have lost my 1 phone, 4 years back, i learnt from that stories, and take care of the phone always. I will say same to you.
Best of luck

nubby

Reaction score
Lookout is great for something like that as well, you can see the phone's location, and sound an audible alarm, as well as lock the phone remotely. (For your next phone)

debrad0307

Reaction score
There is really no lesson to be learned... Things happen, people are jerks. But the lookout would be a good idea for your next phone. I highly doubt that within an hour the perp had time to activate the phone. If he does try to activate it though it will be a bad day for him. Don't beat yourself up over it. You had no way of knowing that this would happen. Best of luck to you!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
S

star007

Reaction score
I tried to call the phone and there was no answer the first couple of times. Next the call went into voice mail. I was thinking the ass***** was either still on the gym floor or just shut it down so as not to draw attention to him/herself. I figured he was smart enough to do that. Thanks for all of your responses. G

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
unfortunatly this phone will most likely either be sold on craigslist as a scam or it will end up getting activated on another carrier.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Sorry to hear your phone got stolen. I go to the gym every now and then and whenever I see a phone left out in the open with no one by it I bring it to the front desk. You did the right thing calling Verizon, but I doubt the police will do much to help, your report will be pushed to the very back of the pile.

As for your next phone try an app that will help you track it down such as Lookout or SeekDroid. I hope next time if you bring your phone to the gym you'll keep it near you at all times like I do.

OP
S

star007

Reaction score
I didn't expect the police to do anything except have it on record in case I need proof of this incident for whatever purpose in the future and to have a little satisfaction. It was a Droid 2 Global and a great phone. It was right next to me but upon changing machines and a little bs'ing with a friend it left my sight a few minutes.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I didn't expect the police to do anything except have it on record in case I need proof of this incident for whatever purpose in the future and to have a little satisfaction. It was a Droid 2 Global and a great phone. It was right next to me but upon changing machines and a little bs'ing with a friend it left my sight a few minutes.
Yup people will swoop up on your stuff as soon as they know you're not paying attention. Everytime I go to the gym I usually keep my phone in my pocket, if not then it's near me so I would have to see someone get near me and take it for them to get away with it. Again sorry to hear it got stolen, but good luck getting a new device or more luck finding it.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lookout is great for something like that as well, you can see the phone's location, and sound an audible alarm, as well as lock the phone remotely. (For your next phone)

I don't know if it'll help, but Lookout has a free "after losing" app called Plan B. You install it at https://play.google.com/store/apps/...sMSwyLDEsImNvbS5sb29rb3V0LmxhYnMucGxhbmIiXQ.. After it installs it'll send its location to your gmail account. After 10 minutes you can use a friend's phone to text the word "locate" to your phone.

vatothe0

Reaction score