Motorola Citrus Possibly Stolen

johnboy2011

Reaction score
I bought one in great condition for 60 bucks. Verizon tells me I cant activate it because the retailer they bought it from still has their lock on it. So it isnt really reported stolen or lost or blacklisted whatever. I dont have a receipt or anything but the phone and its charger. I believe it was at least bought/stolen from walmart. When I call Verizon they say they cant activate it. That I should take it to the store I bought it from with a receipt. I of course dont have one and the corporate verizon store number that a local verizon store gave me takes me through pretty much to 611! Which will only lead to a customer rep that and I have already talked to 4 different ones! If anyone knows a way around this let me know please.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Sounds like someone lifted it and sold it to you and only that retailer can activate the device.

The only way to buy a device from an individual is to do it at a VZW location and pay for the device after it's be added to your account.

At least this lesson only cost you $60...

OP
J

johnboy2011

Reaction score
Well. Hmmm

So is it blacklisted?
I mean it shouldnt be lol its not reported or anything.
and thanks for the replies yeah im probably screwed lol

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
So is it blacklisted?

Only you can tell us that. I would take it to a corp store and explain how you bought it and see what (if anything) they can do.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So is it blacklisted?

Only you can tell us that. I would take it to a corp store and explain how you bought it and see what (if anything) they can do.

i wouldnt even bother doing this i would take it back to the person i bought it from and get my money back.

unless you bought it off craigslist or a crackhead because if you did either of these your screwed.

trego

Reaction score
Sorry about your problem but I know of no way around it except to try and get your money back. Verizon is giving the Citrus away for free but you have to sign up for a contract for 2 years.