My LG G2 occasionally wont recognize the origianl charger

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
anyone else having this issue? occasionally my G2 wont recognize the original charger, I get an error stating something along the lines of I need to use the original charger. i have to shut the phone off and or disconnect and reconnect the cable a couple of times. I am not rooted and everything is stock. im thinking of buying the QI charger. anyone have experience with the QI charger?

acejavelin

Reaction score
anyone else having this issue? occasionally my G2 wont recognize the original charger, I get an error stating something along the lines of I need to use the original charger. i have to shut the phone off and or disconnect and reconnect the cable a couple of times. I am not rooted and everything is stock. im thinking of buying the QI charger. anyone have experience with the QI charger?

I use lots of different chargers, never seen this message... If anything its probably the USB cable.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I've had this happen numerous times with my VS980 and older Galaxy Nexus (except then it wouldn't charge in AC mode, just USB). It's happened rooted and non rooted. I can't use two of my original LG cables anymore but and another charger I had seemed to work. I gave to concur about having corrupt USB cables... *shrugs*

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Try replacing the cable.

comk4ver

Reaction score
This happens on rare occasions with the oem cable mos of the time it's just unseated. Firmly inserting the cable should help. I've used adata's ce700 qi wireless charger that lasted like a month? I'm trying to get adata to replace it.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Normally it's the cable, but every now and then the miniUSB port does get damaged. If you're thinking of getting a QI Charger, then I have to assume that you have the VZW model? It's the only charger I use at home. Drop it on the LG "Hockey Puck" each night and pick it up every morning. Love it.