My kids are getting "smart" - they're going Bionic

i2ollingstone

Reaction score
Does anybody else have a problem with their Bionic drawing power through the audio jack? I put up with it for a while because I was initially told by tech support that it was going to be fixed with a software update (can't explain why I believed it). I finally got sick of it and got a warranty replacement. This replacement has the same problem, and so they're sending me another bionic. Even a tech services rep told me she had the same problem and just puts up with it rather than replacing it with a razr maxx, though she didn't tell me why. So, now that my 3rd bionic is en route, I was curious if anyone here that is pro-bionic has this issue and just deals with it?

The issue is evidenced by a crackling or a whining sound when using an aux wire in the audio jack. Headphones don't produce the problem because they don't supply their own power. If you plug it into your car stereo, does it whine and does the pitch get higher as you accelerate?

bbucks36

Reaction score
Does anybody else have a problem with their Bionic drawing power through the audio jack? I put up with it for a while because I was initially told by tech support that it was going to be fixed with a software update (can't explain why I believed it). I finally got sick of it and got a warranty replacement. This replacement has the same problem, and so they're sending me another bionic. Even a tech services rep told me she had the same problem and just puts up with it rather than replacing it with a razr maxx, though she didn't tell me why. So, now that my 3rd bionic is en route, I was curious if anyone here that is pro-bionic has this issue and just deals with it?

The issue is evidenced by a crackling or a whining sound when using an aux wire in the audio jack. Headphones don't produce the problem because they don't supply their own power. If you plug it into your car stereo, does it whine and does the pitch get higher as you accelerate?

Ive used a audio jack since bionic came out. Never had the issue your talking about crackling. I travel alot and used it in numerous rental cars. From Camaro , 300m, Cadillac CTS, Impala, i can go on and on. Never once heard a crackling from phone to stereo and using basic audio cable. I use power amp as my music player and froze the generic music player. So with that try different music player or different audio jack.

i2ollingstone

Reaction score
I have liked my Bionic since the beginning (within a few days of launch date). I couldn't figure out why others that post here did not like their Bionic. Then I formed the opinion that people who did not leave them "stock" had the most problems.Now it seems that most of the people that did not like their Bionic have left the buiding or are now happy with it. Makes you wonder how many jumped ship prematurely?I went through 3 years of hating my phones (Blackberry World and Tour). Once I got this Bionic, and after a couple month learning curve (mainly breaking Blackberry Habits) I am extremely happy. This forum has helped me alot. I can't say the Bionic is better than all other phones because I haven't used all others but I can say I like it better than my wife's iPhone 4s. 4s is a good phone but not as big, durable, fast, and "flexible". 4s does have a better screen and camera.

I was a part of that BB Tour fiasco. I had them replace it 3 times for the trackball and then eventually got a Bold 9650. I'm also going to have to disagree with you about romming the bionic being a bad idea. I'm getting my bionic replaced a second time because of the audio jack but before I decided to go ahead with the warranty replacement I was running ICS. AOKP ICS rom is a billion times better than the stock rom. I've been using the stock rom now because I have to send it back in and my battery sucks, my data drops all the time, and the camera is stupid again. Custom rom is most definitely the way to go.