It's almost September 8th..Happy Birthday Bionic

sk102704

Reaction score
I got my Bionic on release day and 1 year later I still love my Bionic! The data drops annoy me ( although virtually every 4Glte phone on VZW had the same issue) but I haven't seen any slow down or lag and I have never had a case on my Bionic, dropped it many many times, and besides a very minor nick, looks almost brand new! Every phone I have ever had I was ready to throw against the wall by a year but I have no desire to get a new phone and I don't even have ICS yet which I expect will extend the life of my Bionic.

Happy Birthday Bionic, you've been the best phone I've have ever had!

Ziggie

Reaction score
Happy Birthday!!

I've had my Bionic since day 1. It was my upgrade from the OG DROID. As a result, it was a significant improvement from the get go. I'm on 232 now and this phone is fantastic. Do I wish it got updates faster? Yes. Do I wish Verizon LTE service was more stable? Yes. Do I wish I got any other phone? NO.

deduct

Reaction score
droid233 said:
Happy Birthday to you Bionic!!!
You are my upgrade from the OG Droid and definitely the best, hands down.

Same here. And my son is still using my droid 1. Solid phones.

huff825

Reaction score
Got mine launch day too. I'm also hoping ICS breathes new life into this phone. Happy b-day Bionic!

DoctorV

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Bionic! I remember back in December 2010 my friend telling me about a dual core 4G LTE phone coming out for Verizon soon. At the time I had an HTC Ozone with Windows Mobile 6.0 and I was dying for an Andriod phone. I saw the prototype version from the Winter CES 2011 videos in January and was hopeful that it would be released before Spring. The long painful, torturous and multiple delayed wait began. Winter ended and Spring began with hope of it arriving before the end of April but alas it was not to be. Finally June hit and hit hard with devastating news that the Bionic needed to be redesigned due to the Tegra processor and 4G LTE chip not playing nicely together. My friend got pissed and bailed out of the waiting game and nabbed himself a Droid Charge. I was tempted to do the same but I figured that if I waited this long I might as well wait the extra month and get it when it comes out in July . . . . . right? Well July came and went with much frustration and then there were very strong rumors about an August release date. My god could I really wait through August to get this phone? Day after painful day I checked this forum constantly for any tiny scrap of information all the way until the end of August and then finally Motorola gave us the magic date I've been waiting to hear. September 8th 2011. I remember watching that teaser video over and over and letting the soothing music calm my anxious nerves.

I was the first in line at Sams Club on September 8th at around 5:30am. At that time I always said that had I known back in January that it would have taken until September to get this phone then I just would have gotten a Thunderbolt but looking back at things a year from now I'm glad I waited.

deduct

Reaction score
DoctorV said:
Happy Birthday Bionic! I remember back in December 2010 my friend telling me about a dual core 4G LTE phone coming out for Verizon soon. At the time I had an HTC Ozone with Windows Mobile 6.0 and I was dying for an Andriod phone. I saw the prototype version from the Winter CES 2011 videos in January and was hopeful that it would be released before Spring. The long painful, torturous and multiple delayed wait began. Winter ended and Spring began with hope of it arriving before the end of April but alas it was not to be. Finally June hit and hit hard with devastating news that the Bionic needed to be redesigned due to the Tegra processor and 4G LTE chip not playing nicely together. My friend got pissed and bailed out of the waiting game and nabbed himself a Droid Charge. I was tempted to do the same but I figured that if I waited this long I might as well wait the extra month and get it when it comes out in July . . . . . right? Well July came and went with much frustration and then there were very strong rumors about an August release date. My god could I really wait through August to get this phone? Day after painful day I checked this forum constantly for any tiny scrap of information all the way until the end of August and then finally Motorola gave us the magic date I've been waiting to hear. September 8th 2011. I remember watching that teaser video over and over and letting the soothing music calm my anxious nerves.

I was the first in line at Sams Club on September 8th at around 5:30am. At that time I always said that had I known back in January that it would have taken until September to get this phone then I just would have gotten a Thunderbolt but looking back at things a year from now I'm glad I waited.

This is exactly my experience. I was actually at the register purchasing the thunderbolt when my wife walked into verizon and said she did not like the tb and thought i should wait. Boy was she ever right. The tb turned out to be a pos and my bionic has been very solid from the time i took it out of the box.

virgil71468

Reaction score
Do you write romantic adventurous novels doctorV? Lol. Almost had me cryin' good read though.

Sent from my .242 ICS DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

droidxd00d

Reaction score
I bought my bionic the 9th as I was in school all day on the 8th. But i'm glad I got the bionic even with all the data drops and the razr releasing. I doubt I will get another phone unless the new nexus'(nexi?) are as good as I am hoping.

DoctorV

Reaction score
Do you write romantic adventurous novels doctorV? Lol. Almost had me cryin' good read though.

Sent from my .242 ICS DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

LOL! No not usually :) I don't know what came over me. I guess it was such an emotional time in my life waiting for my beloved Bionic to fall into my arms :biggrin: I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I actually got my Bionic a year ago yesterday. On the 8th there was a power failure in San Diego (and other areas) that went from 4:30pm to 2:30 the next morning. On the 9th to the 11th I was out of town. On the 12th I went in to pre-order the Bionic only to discover it had already come out. I got it right then and got the extended battery on the 13th.