My house charger is sucking power out of my phone?

OP
P

Pooky

Reaction score
I turned my phone off last night at 25% and pluged it in. This morning it was at 2%. It was off all night. When I got to work this morning, I pluged it into the blackberry phone charger and in 2 hours it was 100%.
As far as I'm concerned, my battery is healthy. My phone is clean on the inside.

OP
P

Pooky

Reaction score
My cord works fine to charge it on the computer.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I turned my phone off last night at 25% and pluged it in. This morning it was at 2%. It was off all night. When I got to work this morning, I pluged it into the blackberry phone charger and in 2 hours it was 100%.
As far as I'm concerned, my battery is healthy. My phone is clean on the inside.

That's really odd, if your phone was off and you had the charger plugged in...now I'm really at a loss. It really shouldn't be sucking out the battery especially if it's off and that's a significant drain as well. Honestly, I'd try another battery, that will really eliminate whether it's the battery or not, doesn't hurt to have a spare lying around either, especially in your situation.

So no matter what wall socket you use it sucks the battery? Yet it chargers on your PC fine? This is definitely a unique problem. I say you test the house and try charging any other devices and see if that happens.

Ghosts must be messing with you big time

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

1. To me this indicates the phone and the battery are OK. I mean you can charge the battery with the Blackberry charger.

2. I seem to recall that this problem even followed you to a different house. So it isn't the 110V current or the receptacle at your house.

3. The problem is with the other chargers. I know it sounds odd that you would have three failures, but . . . . .

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Hope you are no longer having this problem. dancedroid