My battery life is bad....

scott craft

Reaction score
I bought this phone at the end of December and I remember getting six hours of screen on time and having my battery last until 9-10 at night. Now.....

2apy8ymy.jpg

ysumuvy4.jpg

anyhuqu4.jpg

About 1.5 hours of that screen time is on wifi, the rest is on LTE. I got a new sim card during that time also. I'm going to keep an eye on it for a couple of days, but I'm thinking I've got a bad phone since I reset the phone last weekend and now I've got a new sim card.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Install GSAM or BetterBatteryStats and see if an app is draining the battery.

Did you get the KitKat update? Have you done a factory default?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

OP
S

scott craft

Reaction score
Yes, this is with kitkat. I did a factory reset after running kitkat for a couple of days.

I have gsam installed, but I rebooted my phone when the sim card was changed. I did notice that android system was by far the most draining app listed before I swapped the sim.

OP
S

scott craft

Reaction score
So far it appears the new sim card has improved my signal strength. I've compared my G2 with my wife's Note 2 in the past and they have been very similar. Now mine does much better than the Note 2.

qytamaje.jpg

Note 2 :

ta4agejy.jpg

mattjenn

Reaction score
After my 4.4 update I was only getting 5-6 hours of battery went though everything and it was the outlook.com app was draining my battery Uninstalled and now I'm getting 24+ hours

OP
S

scott craft

Reaction score
I've decided my phone is defective after going from a full charge to 15% in 5.5 hours with three hours of screen on time. Screen and Android system are the top two battery users by far. I called LG and if I send my phone in they will either repair it or send me a certified like new replacement. Since I don't have a spare phone that works very well I guess I'm going to have to call Verizon. I'm not interested in a certified like new replacement since I paid full retail for this phone, but I might not have any other options.

xirry

Reaction score
Maybe a portable power charger will help you to last long.
My smartphone battery us also too bad,when i play games,it bacomes too hot to catch,so ugly!

OP
S

scott craft

Reaction score
Maybe a portable power charger will help you to last long.
My smartphone battery us also too bad,when i play games,it bacomes too hot to catch,so ugly!

I used to have decent battery life. For the most part I don't play games and if I stream video it's on wifi, so I don't really tax the phone that much.

OP
S

scott craft

Reaction score
Here's some screen shots of todays battery life. I don't understand why with similar usage it varies so much.

ynunesag.jpg

me6y6a9a.jpg

nuvudybe.jpg

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
If you continue to focus on this, it will certainly drive you crazy. It is what it is.

acejavelin

Reaction score
You're right, it is driving me crazy. I guess I'm going to have to accept that good battery life is a thing of the past.

How is this bad battery life? Nothing looks out of whack... 3.5 hours screen time using 45% of battery, apps taking 41%, and after 10+ hours your at 39%. Your Android System is a tad high but nothing that concerns me. This is not "bad" at all.

I would be interested to see GSAM's App Sucker showing times waking device and time held awake to be sure though. If battery drain is occurring it would be caused by something not letting it sleep properly. When the screen is on there is nothing you can do to save battery but turn down the brightness, you get battery drain when its trying to sleep and can't... On my G2 which is very stripped down and has few apps loaded (its a work phone) I get less than 1% battery drain per our when sleeping, although 2-3% is normal.

Rhino94

Reaction score
Mine is crazy all the top things are the phone and i get decent battery life since the update but i probably need a factory reset. Im a little curious why they are rabked so high on mine.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140509_020950.png
    ForumRunner_20140509_020950.png
    68 KB · Views: 300
OP
S

scott craft

Reaction score
How is this bad battery life? Nothing looks out of whack... 3.5 hours screen time using 45% of battery, apps taking 41%, and after 10+ hours your at 39%. Your Android System is a tad high but nothing that concerns me. This is not "bad" at all.

I would be interested to see GSAM's App Sucker showing times waking device and time held awake to be sure though. If battery drain is occurring it would be caused by something not letting it sleep properly. When the screen is on there is nothing you can do to save battery but turn down the brightness, you get battery drain when its trying to sleep and can't... On my G2 which is very stripped down and has few apps loaded (its a work phone) I get less than 1% battery drain per our when sleeping, although 2-3% is normal.

I agree that those last screen shots weren't really bad battery life, but Tuesday I had three hours of screen time and was down to 30% in 5.5 hours with similar usage. The inconsistency is bothering me. I'm going to have to do like you said and see if something is keeping it from deep sleeping.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Mine is crazy all the top things are the phone and i get decent battery life since the update but i probably need a factory reset. Im a little curious why they are rabked so high on mine.

Unfortunately this screenshot can't tell us anything informative... You must have just unplugged it and have it set to monitor since last plugged so the stats just reset because it shows the stats are for the last 0s (zero seconds).

And yes, you should do a factory default.