My battery life is bad....

jspradling7

Reaction score
The G2 I have here gets better battery life after KK and a factory data reset. But for some reason streaming songs using Google Play Music (via wifi or 4G) drains the battery twice as fast on the G2 as it does on the M8. Ain't figured that one out yet.

OP
S

scott craft

Reaction score
I got my phone back from LG today. It appears it's a replacement. I'm hoping for better results than with the other one I had.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Let us know.

OP
S

scott craft

Reaction score
I double checked and it looks like this is the same phone I sent out, or at least it had the same imei number. I'm going to call LG this afternoon and see what was done to the phone.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I double checked and it looks like this is the same phone I sent out, or at least it had the same imei number. I'm going to call LG this afternoon and see what was done to the phone.

They may have simply swapped the battery. Is the battery life any better? That should give you a definitive answer.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
I have experienced a faster battery drain after the KitKat update. I have perform 2 Factory Resets: One from the settings menu, the other using the alternate method. I am using the same apps I have been using from almost beginning of time. I do not root. Same thing happened with my Samsung Fascinate after Gingerbread update. There may be subtle manufacturing differences with our phones, such as a different chipset used that may be from multiple vendors, something. It could not be explained.

OP
S

scott craft

Reaction score
Well battery life is still pretty bad. The main thing that drives me crazy is many times at work I'm sitting 5 feet from someone with an iPhone 4 on Verizon like my G2 and not having enough reception to do anything data wise when the iphone is able to do anything except stream video.

OP
S

scott craft

Reaction score
what you have said the Note 2,does it refer to the Samsung Note 2? Thank you ..

Yes, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I had forgotten about that post. I think the signal difference that time was an outlier. Since then both phones have been much closer in signal strength.

Rhino94

Reaction score
I have being saying around with some of the settings and I found that the sync setting helps with battery saving. If you turn the sync setting and your brightness off, your battery life will increase dramatically. I found that the LG G2 screen is pretty bright just naturally and most times your eyes just adjust to it. I go to work for 4 hours every morning and I turn those 2 settings off and it barely drops 1% until I get home and turn them back on.

Rhino94

Reaction score
Here's my proof

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140628_081918.png
    ForumRunner_20140628_081918.png
    66.5 KB · Views: 387

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I think the lack of reception is what kills mine so bad. I think if I had LTE everywhere my phone would do so much better.

That is number one killer ..we can tweak everything and have the best battery ..if reception is bad ..crapola on battery life ..

M8 tap'd

besiggers

Reaction score
Kit Kat has killed my battery life on the Note 3 and my son's Samsung Galaxy S5. We had to buy extended batteries to make it through the day. My wife and daughter have iPhones which have terrible batteries and they they laughed at us when our phones batteries died quickly after Kit Kat.

NOVICE

Reaction score
Kit Kat has killed my battery life on the Note 3 and my son's Samsung Galaxy S5. We had to buy extended batteries to make it through the day. My wife and daughter have iPhones which have terrible batteries and they they laughed at us when our phones batteries died quickly after Kit Kat.

Its a cliche by now but have you done a factory reset. Fixed my battery problems.