My battery life is bad....

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I don't know guys and gals. My G2's battery is about the best thing about my phone. I'm on the latest 4.4.2.

• At work in my cubicle I'm constantly bouncing from 1X to 3G to 4G.
  • I stream Netflix while working out each morning for at least 30 minutes
  • I stream Netflix every day during lunch, or I use it as a hotspot during lunch for my iPad to stream Netflix.
  • I stream music (or Marc Maron's WTF podcast app) to and from work each day for an hour each way.
  • I play games on it several times during the day.
  • I have all my email set to push.
  • I carry it around in my back pocket when I'm not in my cubicle, so it doesn't get the greatest signal. (I'll probably bet butt cancer.)
  • My screen is set to full bright when watching movies.

I mean, looking at that list, I consider myself a heavy user; right?

So at night before I put it on the charger, it's still got around 25% or more battery left. I mean, who can complain about that? I'd say if your battery life still sucks, call LG again and tell them they didn't fix it right.

OP
S

scott craft

Reaction score
I don't know guys and gals. My G2's battery is about the best thing about my phone. I'm on the latest 4.4.2.

• At work in my cubicle I'm constantly bouncing from 1X to 3G to 4G.
  • I stream Netflix while working out each morning for at least 30 minutes
  • I stream Netflix every day during lunch, or I use it as a hotspot during lunch for my iPad to stream Netflix.
  • I stream music (or Marc Maron's WTF podcast app) to and from work each day for an hour each way.
  • I play games on it several times during the day.
  • I have all my email set to push.
  • I carry it around in my back pocket when I'm not in my cubicle, so it doesn't get the greatest signal. (I'll probably bet butt cancer.)
  • My screen is set to full bright when watching movies.

I mean, looking at that list, I consider myself a heavy user; right?

So at night before I put it on the charger, it's still got around 25% or more battery left. I mean, who can complain about that? I'd say if your battery life still sucks, call LG again and tell them they didn't fix it right.

That's definitely better than mine.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
That's definitely better than mine.
I had a hotspot issue with mine. I sent it back to LG so that they could fix it. While it was there, I had a few scratches in my screen that they noticed, so they replaced the screen for free. Now, like I said, I've never had battery issues, but I have a lot of luck with their repair place. I'd contact them again. Tell them that they didn't solve your problem.

C3-PO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V20
Hey, I had the same problem with my LG G2 and was able to fix it. And the solution was easier than I thought. Just hold the (power) + (volume down) buttons down for at least five seconds. A screen will pop up asking if you want to restart. This will simulate a battery pull and reset the battery stats, not the same as restarting the phone. After I did this all my problems went away. I hope this helps.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Hey, I had the same problem with my LG G2 and was able to fix it. And the solution was easier than I thought. Just hold the (power) + (volume down) buttons down for at least five seconds. A screen will pop up asking if you want to restart. This will simulate a battery pull and reset the battery stats, not the same as restarting the phone. After I did this all my problems went away. I hope this helps.

I'll give that a try.

David

OP
S

scott craft

Reaction score
I thought I'd update this thread. Last week Verizon replaced my phone. So far the battery life is better. It's not great, but most of that's due to the reception where I work. I've noticed android services is still the app using the most battery under normal conditions, but it isn't an outrageous percentage like the other phone. Overall I'm pleased considering how poor my signal is at work.