My battery life is bad....

eshef

Reaction score
My battery life had started declining even before Kit Kat and after had plummeted. I (finally) did a factory reset, which didn't seem to help appreciably, then I drained the battery - left it on until it turned itself off (at 1%). That did help.

acejavelin

Reaction score
My battery life had started declining even before Kit Kat and after had plummeted. I (finally) did a factory reset, which didn't seem to help appreciably, then I drained the battery - left it on until it turned itself off (at 1%). That did help.

From a technical standpoint that's a bad idea, discharging a lithium polymer battery to less than 10% capacity can significantly reduce is charge cycle and capacity... But many LiPo batteries have a safeguard which shuts them off prior to reaching that point.

Then again, if it works, who am I to argue?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Rhino94

Reaction score
Unfortunately this screenshot can't tell us anything informative... You must have just unplugged it and have it set to monitor since last plugged so the stats just reset because it shows the stats are for the last 0s (zero seconds).

And yes, you should do a factory default.

It was just because i unplugged it, now they are normal and my battery lasts me all day on one charge so im not complaining. Thats a step up from many other phones i have had

OP
S

scott craft

Reaction score
To give an update on my phone, I talked to Verizon tech support today and the guy I talked to thinks it's an app problem causing my battery life to be so poor sometimes. If I was understanding what he was saying some of my apps aren't allowing the phone to sleep properly. I deleted some, so we'll see how it goes.

acejavelin

Reaction score
To give an update on my phone, I talked to Verizon tech support today and the guy I talked to thinks it's an app problem causing my battery life to be so poor sometimes. If I was understanding what he was saying some of my apps aren't allowing the phone to sleep properly. I deleted some, so we'll see how it goes.

Get Wake lock Detector, GSAM, or BetterBatteryStats... Any of them should find your rogue app fairly quickly.

OP
S

scott craft

Reaction score
My phone isn't rooted, so wakelock detector doesn't really work for me any more. GSAM doesn't indicate a rogue app, but it is also limited in regards to wakelock detecting without root. According to the battery usage listed by GSAM I don't have a bad app, but I guess if something is keeping the phone from sleeping properly it won't show without root, unless I'm missing something.

acejavelin

Reaction score
My phone isn't rooted, so wakelock detector doesn't really work for me any more. GSAM doesn't indicate a rogue app, but it is also limited in regards to wakelock detecting without root. According to the battery usage listed by GSAM I don't have a bad app, but I guess if something is keeping the phone from sleeping properly it won't show without root, unless I'm missing something.

Change you view in app sucker to "Time held awake" and "Number if timed waking device", If an app is keeping your phone from sleeping it will be there.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Kit Kat was designed to optimize battery. Dunno where you heard that.

Sent from my DE Moto X

OP
S

scott craft

Reaction score
I don't think kitkat itself hurts battery life, otherwise the interwebs would be in an uproar over it. Kitkat did make my battery life worse, but it was already going downhill. I think my phone is defective, but I don't think I'll be able to convince Verizon without resetting my phone again.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Kit Kat will kill your battery. Do not down load.
Wow. Really? Unfortunately you are mistake sir/ma'am. Kit Kat will not kill your battery. Not performing a FDR (Factory Data Reset) after the initial install of KitKat will.