MULTIMEDIA DOCK - MIKRADLE - For use WITH covers and jackets!

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
Well, I've posted this before, but I've received some questions today relative to the magnet needed for Multimedia Mode on Droid stands. I will not now nor ever answer specific questions about the products of other manufacturers or distributors, I can only relay what I do here for MIKRADLE, and my experiences that led to the success of my own product - the MIKRADLE. I do reference the size of the Motorola Dock magnet - which is perfect for the specific purpose they designed their dock for. My product was designed to be more accommodating relative to covers and cases. So I ask that readers please send me queries only about MIKRADLE, I have no first hand knowledge of other similar products.

So - I'll re-post it here again to save others from reading back through the thread.

I quote (again):

Update Statement for potential buyers:

Given the issues that can be had with magnets (sources, placement, size and quality), I would like to point out that all MIKRADLES have been physically tested with almost EVERY case available, and to date it works magnificently with all. No need to slide left or right to induce the Multimedia Mode, nor make adjustments in any way, shape or form due to the different sizes of covers. Thickness is totally irrelevant also - when I proudly claim that MIKRADLE "DOES", I mean that in every positive respect!

I thrashed this design around for weeks and weeks, fabricating several prototypes, cutting, sizing, changing both the design and structure over and over. It was important to take into consideration all variables, including the size, strength and placement of the magnet. I found all magnets are NOT created equal, and did not try to lower my standards with sub-par magnets. Motorola does supply a different sized magnet with their dock. But this is because it was specifically designed for use without a cover and for a Droid that would be "locked" into a precise position. It is not the one I needed for my planned purpose - to accommodate a Droid clad with a protective cover. With the magnet supplied - my MIKRADLE works. Flawlessly. No "ifs, ands or buts" about it! I did my homework well before releasing this design. No fear that you will have any adverse effects with your Droid. I measured the minimal and maximum exposure possible with magnets, and when production started - I knew exactly which was the optimum for the proper use in MIKRADLE.

I'd also like to add that I am also accommodating the Motorola cases that utilize the snap fixture on the back of the case for ease of switching from belt clip to car mount. I offer a modified model (at no extra cost) that has provisions for the snap that protrudes out the back of the case cover - enabling owners to leave their "snap" cases on when placed on the MIKRADLE. Should any owner purchase this Motorola cover after receiving their MIKRADLE, all they have to do is ship it back to me and I will modify it or exchange it (for free) and ship it back (at my cost) to you! Again - NO NEED REMOVE ANY COVER with my product!

It can't be more simple than this - casually place your Droid (covered or naked) onto the MIKRADLE. Multimedia will appear. No spacers. No shifting left a 1/4". No shifting right a 1/4". No pads beneath the phone. Just SET IT ON THE MIKRADLE. You will see for yourself - MIKRADLE Does! :)

Click on each photo to enlarge

I am very proud of all the above compliments - more so those that commend my service, and will continue to strive for the highest standard in supplying the best service available for my products! For any reader that has ever dealt with any service related position - they will understand the commitment and dedication that allows for this gesture of a service oriented goal. This was the driving decision also to now include the FREE High Quality 6' MicroUSB Gold Plated Cable! When my customers speak - I listen! :) Thank you. :) mike

I am happy with your product. :) but I didn't get the micro usb cable with my order. Maybe it's cause ordered it thru ebay?
Matt - glad to hear you are pleased with your MIKRADLE.
Buying a MIKRADLE on eBay is the only venue for purchasing at the present time - so that's not why you did not receive a cable.
Only MIKRADLES ordered after Feb 23 are eligible for the free cable. It was posted on that that day that I would begin including a cable. That's when the special began taking effect, and I hope you can understand that I can't now begin sending cables out to all those who have purchased previous to that date. Should you need one - I can point out a very good source - monoprice.com for all your cable needs. Thanks again for your purchase! :) mike

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
Hey Cuskit!! So I finally ordered a Mikradle, black I think. Looking forward to getting it. Keep up the good work! Thanks for giving us something else to be "hooked" on.
Thanks for the order! :) You were sent a message earlier today - it's been shipped! You should receive it within a couple of days.
I appreciate the kind words! Mike

Lasher

Reaction score
Very cool! I know once I finally get my Droid you'll be getting my business, the mikradle looks so cool and very nice. :) Can't wait. :)
Thanks for the compliment! :)

Just noticed "where" you hail from! I howled when I saw that! :rofl3:

Love your sense of humor! :) mike

:laugh: Yea never big on sharing my secret hideout. :) I will never share that I live on the same coast as you, but much further south of the country where many fail to learn anything from school leaving us the countries most dumbest state in the world!

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
For those that haven't noticed, these forums have an excellent Supporting Vendor section, and you can follow the latest MIKRADLE news in it's respective threads located there:
MIKRADLE - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

I continue to thank you all for your wonderful patronage of my product line, and hope all will be as excited as myself about some new and very exciting products coming this Spring to MIKRADLE! You can keep up to date with this on the link I've just provided here.

Thanks - mike :)

destinydmm

Reaction score
Hey cuskit, So I just got my Mikradle, they held it for me at the post office, yay:icon_ banana:!!! Thanks for your help and constant communication, incredible!

Note to any on the fence about the Mikradle or cuskit. Just get it, this thing is great, very well made, solid. And works instantly even with 2.1 deskclock. Oh and the cable he's shipping is perfect!!! I'll add a pic later (to lazy to get my camera from downstairs but I digress).

MIKRADLE ROCKS!! :rockon:
CUSKIT aka Mike you deserve a :clap:, and :yr1:
:bump: & a :rating10: to you and your product!!!

Jish

Reaction score
Can't tell you the last time I was so excited about a product. This MIKRADLE does everything that is stated and looks beautiful too. Thank you for designing it - what a perfect accompaniment for the Droid.

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
destinydmm and Jish - you two are making me blush really bad! :) Thank you so much for the kind words! :)

I'd like to mention that MIKRADLE does have a custom model that works with the VZW car dock/holster that employs the use of a protruding snap on the back of the cover. This may interfere with other stands on the market, but MIKRADLE has no trouble accommodating this particular cover while STILL enabling the Multimedia Mode. Just be sure to mention you have a "snap" cover when ordering! For any customers that already have a MIKRADLE and would now like to buy or use this particular cover - just send back your MIKRADLE to me and I'll either make the modification for you or send out a new replacement at no charge! I like my customers to have TOTAL satisfaction with my service! :) mike

destinydmm

Reaction score
destinydmm and Jish - you two are making me blush really bad! :) Thank you so much for the kind words! :)

I'd like to mention that MIKRADLE does have a custom model that works with the VZW car dock/holster that employs the use of a protruding snap on the back of the cover. This may interfere with other stands on the market, but MIKRADLE has no trouble accommodating this particular cover while STILL enabling the Multimedia Mode. Just be sure to mention you have a "snap" cover when ordering! For any customers that already have a MIKRADLE and would now like to buy or use this particular cover - just send back your MIKRADLE to me and I'll either make the modification for you or send out a new replacement at no charge! I like my customers to have TOTAL satisfaction with my service! :) mike

If its good you have to give credit where its due. And the Mikradle is good (understatement)!
Also any pics of the new pice/attachment. B/C I have a car dock and hate that I have to take the back of my case off to use it.

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
Mike, I left you a PM last week. Did you get it? It's regarding your chargers.
Sorry - but no - I didn't see a message about chargers. My chargers? I'm confused. What is your question? Are you asking what chargers I use with my own Droid? If so - I use the Motorola branded AC charger that came with the Droid in my home, and for my office I'm using the same USB cables that I supply with all MIKRADLES (sold starting Feb 23) through my computer USB port. These USB cables charge more slowly through the USB port than the AC charger, but as the phone sits in my personal MIKRADLES most of the day - it is pretty much always fully charged. Nothing to do with the cables (they are the highest of quality) but more to do with USB having less mA charge rate vs AC...

For my car needs - I have two of the VZW branded car chargers, one in each of the two vehicles I primarily drive.

Does this answer your question? If not - feel free to post it right here! :) mike

destinydmm

Reaction score
Cuskit:
What do the Car dock cover loo like and how do they work?? I want to know cuz I would like to get one.

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
Cuskit:
What do the Car dock cover loo like and how do they work?? I want to know cuz I would like to get one.
The car dock cover is located here https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=accessoryDetails&archetypeId=11934

The part number is (Part#: MOTA855CM)

I can't say how well they work other than many of my customers have them as I've modified their MIKRADLE to work with the snap.

I have seen the actual cover/mount myself - my local store manager let me borrow one so that I could engineer the optional clearance hole for the snap. It does look to be an excellent cover - a hard plastic that should give good protection. I'm just not fond myself of the hard covers - nor do I like suction cup window mounts. I've never had one that didn't eventually begin to fall off. Plus - on my present vehicle (F150) the windshield is too far forward for me to comfortably reach the phone. For these two reasons this accessory does not fill my personal needs.

It is a good setup to quickly remove it from the belt clip to the car mount and back again. Hope this helps. :)

click on photo for full view
motocarmount.jpg

Love your signature!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) mike :) :)

Edit: Here's a thread with reviews on this product: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-accessories/18085-depth-review-vzn-wireless-snap-cover-mount-combo-plus-car-dock-mod.html

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
I've just started to update the photos of MIKRADLE. You can see them by clicking on my gallery (link below my avatar) or here: Member Profile - Droid Wallpapers, Droid Gallery

Click on photos for enlarged view:
FaceViewCable.JPGLeftSideCable.jpgRightSideCable.jpgCableCloseupLeft.JPGNoPhone.jpg

My Signature Photo has also been changed to reflect the newer photographs. So far I've only done the Black Series - but will be posting all the colors within the next week. I'd love to hear feedback on the photo quality - it's what will be used on my website. Using the facilities of my custom wood shop, I built a light box for the photography and am doing the photo work myself - another hobby of mine! :) mike

Zig8

Reaction score
Loose (not glued) magnet

Thanks Mike. I had Mike make me a black one with the magnet not glued in so I can use it with my IPod Touch. I did not want the magnet messing with the IPod. It works great. This is my second MIKRADLE.
Mikradle-vi.jpg