Motorola Working on Several new Droid Devices; Will Include 2K Displays [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-droid-turbo-multi.jpg

New intel suggests that Motorola will be upping the ante later this year by offering several devices, and on top of that they plan to offer 2K displays on several of them, including the next Droid product. Supposedly, devices with the model numbers Motorola XT1578, Motorola XT1585 and Motorola XT192A are currently in testing in Chicago.

According to the source of the leak, these devices all include 2K displays, Bluetooth LE support with Android 5.1 Lollipop, and are currently designed for Verizon’s network. This obviously suggests they could be devices in the Droid series. There was no other info shared, but that's still a tasty morsel for Droid fans!

What do you guys think the next successor to the Droid Turbo will be like?

Here's our current section on the Motorola Droid Turbo for further discussion: Motorola Droid Turbo Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: Reddit

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think the Turbo guys are kind of feeling burned by Verizon/Motorola with Lollipop, leaving a bitter taste for the Droid brand devices. They don't seem to support the Droid brand very well for as much so they push it.

on the move..

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think the Turbo guys are kind of feeling burned by Verizon/Motorola with Lollipop, leaving a bitter taste for the Droid brand devices. They don't seem to support the Droid brand very well for as much so they push it.

on the move..

Not sweating it here. Phone runs great on KitKat......at this point, it's kind of like Windows 10 coming out while I'm still on Windows 7 - just don't care because it doesn't affect me.

Powarun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I think one of the problems with the Droid turbo is the capacitive buttons, get rid of these and its golden.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
If this year was last year I would have been buying a Turbo. I am very interested in these 3 devices. Motorola is my go to manufacturer so depending on what these devices are I may be all in on one of them.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think one of the problems with the Droid turbo is the capacitive buttons, get rid of these and its golden.

I like the buttons, but I've noticed occasional lag (or could be a software feature to "disable" when it detects me interacting with the touchscreen?)

But I could probably do without them. Reduce the bezels into the "85% display" range and you could have a really comfortable phone for one-handed use that still has a 5.0" screen, possible even 5.2-5.3".

Also more (someone?) need to realize our hands have a natural curvature radius and thinner is not ergonomically better. Think about all the component goodies that could be added if phone thickness started going a bit in the opposite direction.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Looks Like the Droid Turbo owners are getting shafted! Waiting on Lollipop but mostly ROOT! :(

realged13

Reaction score
I have 0 complaints about my Turbo. I've put it through the ringer and it never stops humming. I don't store a ton of stuff on it. The only thing that could be improved is the camera.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm a wee bit confused...someone please help. Are these Lenovo-built, Motorola-branded phones? Or are they bonafide end-of-pipeline Motorola phones? I thought the takeover was done...

-Matt

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I was under the impression that Lenovo was keeping Motorola Name for their mobile. Might be wrong. But in any event I would imagine these are produced by Lenovo.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm a wee bit confused...someone please help. Are these Lenovo-built, Motorola-branded phones? Or are they bonafide end-of-pipeline Motorola phones? I thought the takeover was done...

-Matt
From what I have read Lenovo wants to keep the Motorola name on the phones made by Motorola, since it is a household name in many countries. Makes sense to me, most people that like Moto phones don't even know they were purchased by Lenovo, and probably wouldn't care it they did find out. Lenovo....who? Keep the branding that people are comfortable with, plug in some new senior management and try to turn things around. When Google owned them they were Motorola-A Google Co. Never changed the name then either. Now I guess officially they are Motorola-A Lenovo Co.

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I agree. It's definitely a sales tactic used to keep profits flowing. I just don't see a Lenovo branded smartphone selling all that well, at least initially.

S5 tap'n

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Moto built phones have come to an end. Future phones will be built at Lenovo facilities in Brazil and China.
I seem to recall a thread where peeps stated they will not buy a Chinese built device as they could have spy software embedded. Which I feel is a lot of rubbish. But what about all you Moto die hards? Do you still believe a Moto branded device will deliver the quality it had in the past?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Moto built phones have come to an end. Future phones will be built at Lenovo facilities in Brazil and China.
I seem to recall a thread where peeps stated they will not buy a Chinese built device as they could have spy software embedded. Which I feel is a lot of rubbish. But what about all you Moto die hards? Do you still believe a Moto branded device will deliver the quality it had in the past?
Yes. I do believe that. Lenovo bought Moto to make money, not to lose money. They do not want to alienate their core customer base (and future customers) by slacking on quality. The phones may be built in other locations, but the same quality control standards can remain in place. I highly doubt that all Moto phones were built in the US when Google owned Moto. I honestly don't see much changing other than the parent company name.

Reactions: cr6

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

+10 ^^^