[Rumint] Samsung's Galaxy Note 4 to Have 5.7-inch 2K QHD Display

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-note4-2k-display-rumor.jpg

It looks like the Galaxy Note 4 from Samsung will be the next of Samsung's devices to get the 2K QHD Display treatment. We have heard rumors that the Galaxy S5 Prime will include the 2K QHD (2560 x 1440 res) screen, but now a new rumor suggests the Galaxy Note 4 will get it too. This actually makes a bit more sense for this device and isn't really surprising.

What is surprising (but welcome) is that we aren't seeing the screen size increase. With each successive generation of the Galaxy Note series we have seen a .2 inch jump in size. It would seem that Samsung feels it has hit the "sweet spot" for their phablet line (at least for now). Not only will the display be the higher resolution version, several signs suggest it could also use Samsung's YOUM flexible technology as well.

Here are the rest of the rumored specs:

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is rumored to be water-resistant, powered by either an Exynos Hexa or a Snapdragon 801 chipset and pack a 20.1MP camera.

What do you guys think?

Source: GSMArena

Tonik

Reaction score
I really hope so, I skipped the note 3 and can't wait for the note 4, I've been holding onto my n2 as long as I can

Same here. Just hope the screen is better in the sun. I miss that from my Bionic.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like everything I'm hearing except the 20MP camera. Quit making stupid-dense detectors and give me a faster lens and a more sensitive detector so I can take decent photos with my phone. I don't need 20 megapixels. I don't want to be able to print my photos on a billboard without seeing the pixels.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I remember about 7 years ago when I brought a nice point-n-shoot 5mp camera. Still takes nice photos.

What's interesting looking at that list is the "hole" in the 4.8" range. I wonder if the S5 won't ultimately slim down a bit to offer people a choice of a different screen size. Either that, or bump the specs on the mini and increase the screen size to 4.7".