Motorola Working on Several new Droid Devices; Will Include 2K Displays [Rumor]

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Yes. I do believe that. Lenovo bought Moto to make money, not to lose money. They do not want to alienate their core customer base (and future customers) by slacking on quality. The phones may be built in other locations, but the same quality control standards can remain in place. I highly doubt that all Moto phones were built in the US when Google owned Moto. I honestly don't see much changing other than the parent company name.
Agree, Lenovo bought Moto to make money and the way they make money is in providing a complete product line.
Moto doesn't sell enough phones to interest a company the size of Lenovo. They bought Moto for their developed distribution channels and technology. Now Lenovo has an opportunity to get their low to middle range devices into markets they couldn't penetrate. Google maintained the Moto patents so there is no gain there for Lenovo.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The pipeline is usually 18-24 months, so I think this batch of phones should still be from the Google/Moto partnership.

One telltale sign of the Lenovo influence will be if the Moto devices start having SD cards and higher internal storage. :)

turbochrge

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Tubro (BallisticNylon32)
I'm excited for the new Droids, but isn't the Turbo 2K already? Not sure if I would upgrade solely based on Lollipop or a slightly faster SOC...

Going Ballistic on my DROID Turbo...

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I'm excited for the new Droids, but isn't the Turbo 2K already? Not sure if I would upgrade solely based on Lollipop or a slightly faster SOC...

It SHOOTS 4K but the display is only "Quad hd".

I'm no fanboi of any company. For me it was between the LG G3, Sony Z3v and this.
The deciding factor was the screen guarantee. and the fat battery which has still not once gone more then one full day for me... I just don't get even without Ingress how I can kill this thing so quickly...
That won't be a decision maker for me next time.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
still not once gone more then one full day for me... I just don't get even without Ingress how I can kill this thing so quickly...
That won't be a decision maker for me next time.

It sips juice on wifi....on 3G/4G I'm not so sure. Interestingly enough, the Turbo data radios are not as good as my Rezounds were

turbochrge

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I'm confused now... I thought QHD was the same as 2K... Just looked it up and according to google, QHD is 2560 x 1440 while 2K is 2048 x 1536... Which confuses me because one is a higher pixel count vertically while the other is higher horizontally and vice versa... Am I misunderstanding something?? Which is better?

AndroidAp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xperia
That's great news!!

Sent from my C2104 using DroidForums

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I'm confused now... I thought QHD was the same as 2K... Just looked it up and according to google, QHD is 2560 x 1440 while 2K is 2048 x 1536... Which confuses me because one is a higher pixel count vertically while the other is higher horizontally and vice versa... Am I misunderstanding something?? Which is better?

2K is MUCH better then QHD. I don't now the numbers or how they work, but have you never tried shooting 4K on your Turbo?

If you did, you'd see this:
Screenshot_2015-05-14-14-38-41.png

turbochrge

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I don't really use my phone for shooting videos but I believe you...

I still am not so sure I would see much difference on a 5.2" screen but I'll admit that I am into specs so I guess the 2K is actually a plus for the new Droids should they actually come with it... Sounding better and better by the minute! :)