Motorola Shadow

bizzshow

Reaction score
Well the omap 3630 will keep up with day the snap dragon in the incredible while producing less heat and and using less power due to its construction its nice let's hope it can still run up to 1.2 and above

bizzshow

Reaction score
Its beautiful and thin kinda hard to pass up

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Silver Member
Reaction score
i don't care if the droid 2 has a 3.7 or a 4.1" screen. i just want it to use better hardware and to be slightly thinner. the absence of an hdmi port will be a bit of a disappointment, however. the things i could do wtih the port.

must have physical keyboard, so it's D2 or bust for me.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i don't care if the droid 2 has a 3.7 or a 4.1" screen. i just want it to use better hardware and to be slightly thinner. the absence of an hdmi port will be a bit of a disappointment, however. the things i could do wtih the port.

must have physical keyboard, so it's D2 or bust for me.

i'm with you. the shadow looks amazing, but no hardware keyboard... if the shadow had a hardware keyboard, i would probably switch over. i'm going to wait for the next!

chris420o

Reaction score
So def no slider?...almost looks like the screen is seperate from the whole like it could slide...and doesn't seem to be a major performance upgrade huh?...lil dissapointing we need a new iphone killer a 4gs killer...hopefully the droid2 will be it bc I love my droid but I already got the itch for something new and I would love this huge screen come on droid 2 take every good that's come out and bring it together for the ultimate device! I want my front mount cam 4+ screen and a huge processor with a nvidia gpu :)

chris420o

Reaction score
Also slider...I can't goto an all touch after my droid its to convenient to have a physical keyboard...feels more real when working in recovery or terminal

Darkseider

Reaction score
So def no slider?...almost looks like the screen is seperate from the whole like it could slide...and doesn't seem to be a major performance upgrade huh?...lil dissapointing we need a new iphone killer a 4gs killer...hopefully the droid2 will be it bc I love my droid but I already got the itch for something new and I would love this huge screen come on droid 2 take every good that's come out and bring it together for the ultimate device! I want my front mount cam 4+ screen and a huge processor with a nvidia gpu :)

Honestly the Moto Droid, Incredible, Shadow, EVO 4G, Nexus One, Galaxy S, Desire and whatever other goodness is coming down the pipe is an iPhone 4GS killer. All of these devices are infinitely more capable in the hardware department. They are all running or will be running Android 2.2 in short order. Those that can be rooted have an even larger advantage over the iProducts. For the iPhone 4GS it has to play catch up with the current line of Android devices. Whereas for Android devices they can only surpass what is already a stellar lineup of products. In any case Android phones will ALWAYS be, at a minimum, one to two generations of hardware and features above the iPhone. It will also be MULTIPLE generations ahead of the iPhone OS when comparing operating systems.

bizzshow

Reaction score
Major performance upgrade well lets see this phone is capable of putting out 1080p and recording 720p will run natively what we have to overclock to get while producing less heat and better battery life the gpu is over clocked and provides up to 80% better frame rates no slider so it will be a solid phone. If you want more wait until next year for the omap4440/30 series processors to make it to phones

Darkseider

Reaction score
Major performance upgrade well lets see this phone is capable of putting out 1080p and recording 720p will run natively what we have to overclock to get while producing less heat and better battery life the gpu is over clocked and provides up to 80% better frame rates no slider so it will be a solid phone. If you want more wait until next year for the omap4440/30 series processors to make it to phones

The GPU is not overclocked. It is the same exact GPU as in the OMAP 3430. The Youtube video showing the two running GLX Gears had the VSync turned off on both the 3430 and 3630. Don't be too surprised if the VSync in the final product is locked in at 60 FPS just like the Droid.

kpiskin

Reaction score
Is the screen 4.1 or 4.3"? I've seen conflicting reports on that, even within this thread.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Is the screen 4.1 or 4.3"? I've seen conflicting reports on that, even within this thread.
4.1.........The OP has the CORRECT info. Always refer to the OP for the most up to date and correct information.

bizzshow

Reaction score
After going back and forth on this I believe I should post this here. Don't expect to see a sbf for this phone or any new phone coming from MOTO. Nor should you expect to see root as fast or in the same manner on the Droid. MOTO will lock down the bootloader and is trying to lock down partitions also don't know if this is set in stone or is true but this is what I'm being told. We could be like the incredible were the bootloader system and other things are locked . I don't know I only hope for the best as far as root users which is me

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Yeah I heard no more sbf's.....

I'm hoping for some better news in regards to locking down these devices. That would be a drag...

Still too early but that does seem to way things are shaping up.