Motorola, Please tell me this is a bad joke!!!

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by PhontomF, Oct 23, 2012.

1. PhontomF

PhontomF Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank You!

2. 1800collect

1800collect New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sadly this didn't work for me at all.

3. Underwater Mike

Ratings:
    +0
    Ditto -- nothing's worked for me. The "whine" is almost like a high-pitched screech.

4. CurGeorge8

CurGeorge8 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I received my replacement device, and I am dissapointed to say, the hiss is still present.

The replacement arrived without ICS, so I activated the device, checked to see if the 'hiss' was present (it was not), and proceeded up upgrade it to ICS. After the upgrade, I checked & the hiss was present. I did a FDR on the replacement device, re-activated it (with ICS), hiss is still present.

Not wanting to keep a refurb if I didn't have too, I went back to my original Bionic. I will call Verizon tomorrow or Monday and see what they want to do.

In the meantime, has anyone found a successful workaround?

5. CurGeorge8

CurGeorge8 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I need someone who notices the 'hiss' to try something for me. If you have a pair of headphones that DO NOT have a microphone on them, plug it into your phone and let me know if you notice the hiss noise. (Headphones without a mic will have 2 black lines on the 2.5mm jack. Headsets with a mic will have 3).

I've noticed the noise is not present when I plug the phone into my car stereo, and the cable I use is a standard 2.5mm stereo cable. But, it could be that I simply can't hear it in my car, where I can with headphones. I want to test this idea with a pair of standard headphones, but I don't have a pair.

6. FriarWhently

FriarWhently New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hiss is still there with standard headphones for me. I can hear it in the car as well, but only if the car is parked, the engine is off, and the volume is up.

Like others have said, it's identical to the old hiss that it had when the Bionic first came out. Too bad it's back.

7. 1800collect

1800collect New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's strange. I just tried headphones without a mic and the hiss didn't appear on those headphones.

Only the headphones with a mic. Were the pair you have have radio controls? My headphones with a mic have radio controls.

8. Underwater Mike

Ratings:
    +0
    None of the headphones I have use a mic or inline control, and all of them have the whine. Definitely software issue.

9. 1800collect

1800collect New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe me other headphones are a piece of crap so it doesn't pick up the subtly of the hiss. The other ones are much nicer and it is hiss-arama.

10. looseinthedeuce

looseinthedeuce New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The headphones I use don't have a mic either, so it's definitely not related to that. Can anyone else notice the hiss coming out the main speaker as I described? It is far more subtle, and it's still only present for about a second after the audio is paused. But if you load an app that plays music and turn the volume all the way down, you can hear the hiss out the main speaker continuously. You have to hold it up to your ear....I realize this isn't normal, so I'm only recommending it to those trying to troubleshoot. As I said before, the hiss isn't bothersome out the speaker, but it's a factor/symptom of the issue (in case Motorola is reading this!!).

11. h8losing

h8losing New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I hear it in the car via aux port but u can adjust the volume to mask it a little. The hiss during phone calls is unbearable.

12. CurGeorge8

CurGeorge8 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Has anyone found a workaround? What about using a Bluetooth headset?

Also, can you post your age and if you can hear it or not. I'm 32 and I can hear it. I know that as you get older, your hearing range decreases. I'm wondering if there is a correlation between age and if the problem is present.

Search tags for this page
droid bionic distorted sound when using headphones?
droid bionic how to tell if headphones are attached
droid bionic underwater
droid bionic update no music playet
how can you tell when a speaker is bad on droid bionic
motorola bionic audio jack
motorola bionic distorted headphones

motorola bionic headphone jack not working

motorola com tell

verizon unlimited data